Author Topic: Help with gw please  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Help with gw please
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2016, 21:38:28 pm »
I used to say sleep time now time to go to sleep, mummy is going to do xyz and I'll come back and check on you in a few mins. If DS shouted I'd go back straight away if no shouting is go back after 20 mins and he'd mostly be asleep. As we got further on with it, I'd shout I'll be there in a min I'm just finishing xyz so time to be quiet and just delay it a few mins.

I think your doing great and if your getting further away its progress and not taking too long. She is feeling secure that your following through what you say you'll do and then it will be easier to accept sleep without u x
Zoe

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2016, 06:33:25 am »
Thanks for your help!! Last night was great. It took an hour but no crying or call backs.  When the singing got a bit loud I shushes from the door an said my usual phrase.

Tonight same thing, it's been 30 mins an I can hear quiet "ring a ring a rosey" drifting through the door 😁

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2016, 07:16:24 am »
How sweet hearing her sing. I'd say 30 mins is a normal toddler kind of wind down chill out to sleep amount of time too.
Zoe

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2016, 07:35:37 am »
It really is sweet. I figure I can't make her go to sleep so am trying my best  to be patient.  I think tonight was 45 mins so an improvement. Will see how we go over the next week.

How are things going with you?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2016, 10:27:21 am »
There is only so much u can do and providing the right environment is best u can do! Hopefully she will settle quicker soon.

Oh things are ok but this one is hard work as got reflux so spend my life walking lol x
Zoe

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2016, 06:40:42 am »
Ouch reflux is hard!! We are doing OK.  I get a couple of great nights. Out the door and a couple of shushes through the door, then we have daycare and feels like we go back. Travel and holidays away and poor thing is tired. Pretty clingy during the day too and only mummy will do!! Makes for a bit of a grumpy mummy!!! Please tell me we will get consistency??!!

Have said to hubby when we get 5 nights in a row he can book a night away 😀

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2016, 07:41:04 am »
I'd book the night away anyway get yourself a treat! I assume you mean a night away got you both not just him ;D

It does get better and more consistent the older they get big they always have little regressions..,the good work your doing now though means when they regress it goes back to normal easier. Daycare always used to throw our nights off but once DS1 got older again it improved as think they understand you will return etc x
Zoe

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2016, 07:46:13 am »
Lol yes night away for both of us!!

Yeah I figure I've just got to keep trying to get out the door but be patient on the nights she needs me.

How are you doing? How old is bubs now?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2016, 07:51:54 am »
Do it get it booked grandparents (or whoever) can cope for a night or 2, my mum likes the challenge lol!

I had literally 4 months of sitting on the stairs for varying lengths of time when DS1 was younger...now I can just shout back up the stairs if he needs anything  ;)

I'm good thanks for asking, bubs is 6 weeks and still a grumpy old man crying a lot lol, he does ok at night so that's the one saving grace! xx
Zoe