Author Topic: 18 week old waking for up to 3 feeds at night  (Read 1194 times)

Offline mimi1981

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
18 week old waking for up to 3 feeds at night
« on: January 11, 2016, 17:43:23 pm »
Hi,

I'd love some advice or help as I think i'll go crazy.

My beautiful daughter till a month a go (just when she turned 3 months) was sleeping pretty well (in our books)
she would go down at 7pm - we'd do dream feed at 10.30 and then she would sleep until 4/5/6 am with an occasional waking for the pacifier.

She has always only done 30-40min naps in the day. I have tried all sorts to extend these but somehow struggle. and have not managed.

in the last month she has now started waking up before her dream feed time - so about 10pm-ish; then 1am/2am and again at 4/5am

in the day she also only lasts about 2.45hrs between feeds - its almost like clockwork. In the night she also has full feeds while in teh day she is a bit distracted.

Her A time is between 1 1/2 hrs and 1 3/4 hrs when she starts rubbing her eyes and gets tired i take her up to her crib - put a white noise app give her the pacifier and she rolls on her one side and falls asleep on her own. (pacifier may also be an issue?)

I know of the 4 month sleep regression but this just feels a bit long - it has been a month now? the night wakings arent at the same time but are the same time apart? 2 1/2 to 2 3/4hrs. I have noticed she also eats more often in the day (2 1/2 to 3hrs max)

Any advice or suggestions even of a sample EASY for her age would be really appreciated.. I just dont know if this is habitual or if she is truly hungry. Also wondering if my milk is enough as she is a biggish baby.

Thanks very much for any advice.

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: 18 week old waking for up to 3 feeds at night
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 06:43:49 am »
Hi there!  Honestly, you're little one is still so young, there are going to be times particularly around growth spurts, when she'll wake at night more.  If you can try to fit in a cluster feed before bed time, you may find she can last all the way to the DF.  I used to sneak mine in between 4:30-7 (4:30, 5:45, 7pm BT feed).  I've attached a link below with a variety of sample EASY's from other parents, you might find them helpful too.  HTH! 

chronological EASY samples, 0-3 months