Author Topic: 9 month old feeding more and eating less  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Sushma

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 13, 2016, 13:54:33 pm »
Hi everyone

Please suggest how do I get my 9 month old to eat more and cut down on breastfeeds. She is not a big eater but was on a  good routine of eating 3 meals . All went downhill when she started teething and when we were travelling. Now we are back home and she is still feeding more and eating very little . She feeds every two hours at night . All her routine has gone out of the window and now I don't know where to start. How do I start her on Easy?  How do I increase her food intake ?Please help.

Sushma

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 9 month old feeding more and eating less
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 04:50:36 am »
If she is teething I imagine thatbis a big reason to be off of solids. That is a lot of nf's though for her age...have you tried settling her without a feed? For routine related stuff you may want to start a post on the EASY board for advice on that.
Heidi

Offline Sushma

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 12:14:04 pm »
Thanks for replying back. I haven't tried settling  her without a feed although I have started prolonging the gaps between feeds. Last two nights she has been fine with a gap of three hours . My Husband settles her when she wakes up in the night. I'm anxious about stopping the night feeds . I guess I just have to be strong and just do it. I don't know know . So confused  :-[

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 13:54:22 pm »
At 9 months she might not be totally ready to stop all night feeds but you can just progress with what you are doing and decide what time you are willing to feed and stick to it. Also if her daytime routine needs work some of the nw's could be from that as well.
Heidi