Author Topic: Is this a 2 year sleep regression or do I need to adjust our schedule?  (Read 1181 times)

Offline calgal22002

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
LO is 21.5 months old and a very pleasant, easy going kid. She has been having a rough patch with her sleep this week and is super cranky (as are the rest of us!). Her usual day looks like this:

Wake: 7:30AM on weekdays (on weekends, she has wowed us with her amazing ability to sleep in and she sometimes will sleep until 8:30)
Nap: 1:00-3:00PM
Bedtime: 7:30/8:00PM

This week, she has been resisting falling asleep (she lies in bed and talks to herself and can keep this up for hours). The worst night so far was last night - she finally petered out around 10:00PM!?! To top it off, she has been waking very early - this morning she was up at 6:00AM!? So, she is OT, cranky and out of sorts. She is in a dayhome and she has good naps there, which helps.

So, is this the dreaded 2yo sleep regression or is it something else? Do I try to move her BT a bit later with the hope that at least she won't keep herself up even later? I know with my other kids, we had to move bedtime later around age 2, but she is so cranky by dinner time that I keep thinking she needs to catch up on sleep and I am sometimes tempted to put her to bed even earlier than usual, which also doesn't work.

Help please!

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Is this a 2 year sleep regression or do I need to adjust our schedule?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 23:48:06 pm »
Hi Calgal, have you thought about capping your lo day nap?  Maybe 2 hours is a bit long now?

Offline calgal22002

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Is this a 2 year sleep regression or do I need to adjust our schedule?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 00:12:04 am »
Thanks. I spoke with the dayhome today (I was wondering the same about the length) and was told that LO napped for 1.5 hours today, and that is actually longer than her usual naps, so I guess the nap isn't 2 hours like I thought.

Any other suggestions? I am open to anything :)