Author Topic: Sleep 3 month old  (Read 824 times)

Offline malingirl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 13, 2016, 23:51:04 pm »
Hello! So naps and night sleep have been pretty consistent for awhile now.. she has been doing about 45 minutes of wake time and eating on a 3 hour schedule. Of course, as I know being my third right when things start seeming TOO easy it changes! Lately her afternoon nap, which most days is her only nap in her crib has not been good.. hard to say if its due to adjusting wake time as her other naps can be so choppy in the am, due to school drop off/ pickups etc.. today I put her down in the am before drop off and had to wake her up mid nap as usual to bring my oldest to school at 910.. she cried and cried hysterically and would not go back to school the whole car ride or quick trip to safeway. I got back home around 10 and fed her.. she had a hard time nursing crying too. I tried to keep her on her schedule and put her down at what would be the typical time 1045.. she did her best nap in awhile and slept until 1. I fed her and we went to get my oldest at school. I tried putting her down at 2 thinking maybe she needed extended wake time. she fell asleep quick but has been on and off crying this whole nap.. I dont know what to do and feeling so tired of her  bad naps :( I have to bank on this nap being good as sometimes its her best one. Any advice? Its so hard when she has choppy naps but I think that is the life of the 3rd!?! Thank you!!

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Sleep 3 month old
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 04:00:37 am »
Hello! From first glance my is guess she needs a bump in A times.  I think at 3 months most would be doing an A time of 1.5hrs.  My DD is 5 weeks and easily needs an hour of A time for a good nap.  Can you try bumping her A time 10-15mins every 2-3 days to see if that helps?  Not sure if that longer A times fits into your school run schedule?

Offline malingirl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 15:56:39 pm »
She is now 4 months and I am seeing she needs more awake time. Its always a guessing game but when you get it right its perfect! haha Now we are struggling with stopping the swaddle :(