Author Topic: Big twin and the 1-0.....wwyd?  (Read 1341 times)

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
« on: January 14, 2016, 10:44:23 am »
Hi!

My twins are 2y 6 months. Little twin dropped his nap around Christmas - very easy, no dramas. Big twin has refused to go to bed on his own at home but we have managed with strategic drives to get him a bit of a nap in the car and this lasts him til BT. At nursery he sleeps 1h30 to 2h, and it's been fine.

Recently though it has started interfering with BT - he didn't go to bed until about 9 last night and although he got up a bit later (6:30 rather that 5:30, which was nice!) he looks exhausted and is rubbing his eyes already. He gets so difficult when he is tired, by Sunday he was a hot mess so I let him sleep himself out on the sofa Sunday lunchtime and he slept for nearly 3 hours. I think I will ask nursery to cap his sleep at 1 hour but what do I do at home? I really think he needs a longer night and am tempted just to push through today and do an early BT (baby could do with it and little twin will lie in bed playing with his animals until he is sleepy) but what time? Usual BT is 7:30 and ideally they would get up between 6 and 7. Or does it sound like I should just keep APOPing little sleeps here and there?

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 11:20:01 am »
LO2 stopped napping (through sheer force of will rather than what she needed!) around 2 y 5 mos, she needed to nap really but didn't want to. On days she did nap BT was no fun, messing about, not sleeping til 8.30 etc.  So we stopped trying, pushed through, and went with EBT at 6pm/6.15.  Well over a year later she is still going to bed at 6.15/6.30.  So I would drop the nap, and go for an earlier BT, maybe 6.45/7? I was surprised to find myself with such an early BT for her but it worked a treat.

The interesting thing for us is that LO2 is now very good at saying she wants to go to bed early, if she's not feeling well there have been days when she's been in bed at 5pm (and more or less slept through).
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 12:09:31 pm »
6:45 BT sounds blissful......only 6.5 hours to go

Offline Kindin

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 01:38:19 am »
No advice, but as a twin mama myself of almost 2yr olds - I feel your pain  :D

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 08:47:17 am »
Well.....he crashed out at 6:30 and slept through til 6.....amazing!! And he looks great this morning, full of beans!! So we will do the same today (might be hard as we have to go to the dr so he will prob go to sleep in the car!!).

Twins is a whole new world of awfulness!!! But mine are currently playing some complicated game with the Lego and a teddy pretending to be sharks while I play with the baby so it's not all bad!!!!

Offline weaver

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 19:11:57 pm »
Yay for that night! FX he didn't nod off in the car.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 20:12:08 pm »
Gah he did! But only for a minute (it's only about 5 mins away!) so hopefully it won't count! Was asleep by 6:45.

I'm not leaving the house tomorrow, just working on everyone's sleep!!  ;D

Offline weaver

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 21:16:57 pm »
Errrrr.... have fun (?) hope you're stocked up on tea and biscuits!

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 22:19:05 pm »
 ;D I've cracked already and we are going to a birthday party!! Prob just as well, have had about 3 full days in the house with them ever and they were llloooooonnnnngggggg