Author Topic: Waking up for dreamfeed. .is this normal?  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Fifilottie

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Waking up for dreamfeed. .is this normal?
« on: January 14, 2016, 21:07:52 pm »
Hi all,

My DS is 6mo and as the title suggests I am sure some babies do do this. I introduced a dream feed at about 2 months. I mainly bf but the dreamfeed(and bedtime feed) is formula. At first he would take very little at DF, but he was younger. Then he got used to taking about 4 to 5 oz at 4 months and woke every night for it. Now he takes bet. 4 and 7 oz and has been waking at a random point for DF between 9.30 to 11 every night. Mostly it is around 10. This was ok but recently he has been difficult to get back down after. He can self settle but sometimes he falls asleep on the bottle and wakes an hour later and be can be awake for up to an hour then on or  he will not sleep on the bottle and similarly stay awake for an hour. Is their a logical reason for this that I can sort or shall I just go with it?

In the night he will also habitually wake at 4 . I lazily bf him but really I need to wean him off this. I am lucky that he can self settle. .but this is a different story if he wants a feed. However on the nights where he has kept himself awake after DF he wakes at 5.30 ready for the day. Mmm, that's a bit early. He used to wake at 6.30, which suited family routine. Just giving as much info as possible in case there is something I am not seeing.

Any advice much appreciated. .thank you x

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Waking up for dreamfeed. .is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 22:13:31 pm »
Can you post your current EASY please? Waking before midnight can sometimes be OT, although if he is staying awake that could be UT.

Waking for the DF is quite common, maybe it's time to wean it? Have you started solids yet?

Laura