Author Topic: crib to bed transition - hints  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Anders45

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
crib to bed transition - hints
« on: January 15, 2016, 03:56:43 am »
I need to help my 13 month old twins transition from contained sleeping quarters (cribs and pack'n'plays) to big kid beds. I just started baby sitting at a friend's house and she doesn't have pack'n'plays or cribs for me to put the boys in (which they are really good to fall asleep in on their own - like I lay them down, read them a story, and then they are out). The one is really good to just lay down where I put him, but the other one crawls over and starts poking him. So that is why I need to start transitioning them. Any hints to make the transition easier? I'm planning on buying some little beds for them in the near future, but ideas in the meantime would be nice. Thank you! You have always been so much help!

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: crib to bed transition - hints
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 04:08:20 am »
Is there a shop n' swap site in your area where you could buy two pack n' plays second hand?  Even a second hand store?  To be completely honest, I think your babies are a little young to move into beds at this age.  At my kids day care, all the toddlers just lie on mats to sleep and are fine but DS1 was the youngest in the room at 18 months and he just followed what the older kids did.