Author Topic: Help me banish EW for good! (or at least a few nights :) x)  (Read 3967 times)

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Help me banish EW for good! (or at least a few nights :) x)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2016, 11:35:32 am »
Well we got 2 naps yesterday, one for around 40 mins and another around 1hr 20.  I kept bedtime the same and she woke yet again at 5.10, which was 9.5 hours sleep :(, so although I think it would be rare for her to do more than 10 I think she has got into a habit of waking at 5am.  ANyway I bought her in my bed and although it took me an hour to get her back to sleep she slept until 7.45 :)x

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 11:12:25 am »
Disaster!!!!!

She fell asleep on way back from church yesterday so only had 10 mins in car, couldn't get her back down til 3pm and then I struggled, only had 45 mins and woke at 4.30 this morning!!!!!

I did let her cry a little this morning and didn't get her out of cot,just kept going back to check she was ok, she finally gave in after some super screaming and waking everyone else up after 1hr 30 mins,  She then slept arounf another hour. Have one miserable child on my hands today  :'(

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 12:49:43 pm »
After that good two nap day I might have tried a bit later bedtime, just to shift the day a bit later. Darn car naps! That is too bad..what time did bedtime end up being that day?
Heidi

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 12:54:06 pm »
Hey, bedtime that day was 7.30pm, I am trying my hardest to keep naps around 12pm-12.30 and bedtime 7.30pm..  As she is still only doing short naps, I didn't want to push BT out too late.  She is only doing 9.5 hours or less at night so I think we are def in OT territory. 

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 06:24:39 am »
Yesterday we ended up with 1hr 20 mins nap again.  I know I am trying to stick to set times, but do you think I should try for a 7pm bedtime for a couple of nights as we are still getting 9.5 hours at night, wake up still at 5am this morning :( x

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 06:23:16 am »
Well we had an hour and half nap yesterday from 12pmt to 1.30pm. I bought bedtime forward to 7pm, she did stir at 5am but I put her dummy back in and she slept til 5.40am!!!! YAY!!!! What would you do today? stick with same timings for a few days or push day out?

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 14:37:42 pm »
Barely made 50 mins nap today :(, the dog barked so not sure if she woke her because of that.  Don't think it was under tiredness as she was nodding off at around 11am.  Not sure what to do with BT?

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 03:52:49 am »
Would lo have done a catnap at all? Sorry have been working tons of days in row due to coworkers sick kids - and now mine are down for the count!

Have you ever used white noise at all? We use it to sort of blur out household sounds!
Heidi

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 06:55:51 am »
Hi, she probably would have done a cat nap, I was really unsure what to do for best, so went with an earlier night of 6.30pm.  She didn't fall asleep until 6.45, she woke at 3.30!!!!! She did fall back to sleep around 4.15-4.30 til 6.20, she  really wanted a cuddle.  Not sure if canines are coming through on top of everything else :(, she had super rosy cheeks yesterday.

The dog waking her was unfortunate yesterday, my dad was sitting whilst I ran some errands and he wouldn't have thought about the dog, I always make sure all the doors are shut then she cant hear her bbark.

We shall see what today brings, we have music and dance class this morning, so I know she will drop off in the car :(.

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 13:02:23 pm »
As predicted she fell asleep in car but as it was at 11.30 I was in a dilemma as to wake her and try again at 12.30 or keep her asleep.  Anyway I couldn't wake her she was fast, but then she only slept 40 mins :(.  So now unsure if to give another nap or go with a early night again? AAAHHHHHH.  I have to do school run so would need to be after 3.30pm, she wont drop to sleep in car there.

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2016, 14:25:57 pm »
I would try for another nap...40 min is pretty low for one nap and even with an ebt you might get ot wakings.
Heidi

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2016, 14:27:43 pm »
How long would you do ? and then what time would you do BT? x

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2016, 06:43:11 am »
Well couldn't get her down for a cat nap :(, so BT was 6.30.  She fell asleep around 6.40pm and was up at 4.50am!!!!!! She looks exhausted with black eyes :(, have no idea how to fix it, we seem to be getting less and less now naps are so short too.  Fx she catches up today x

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 15:39:19 pm »
Darn! So hard when they are so tired but just don't sleep.  Fx for today...I would pull out all the ap stops to get some sleep if I were you.
Heidi

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2016, 06:20:04 am »
Managed to drag nap out til 11.45 and she slept for 1hr 30 mins.  I left bedtime at 7pm and although I heard her stir at 4am she went back to sleep until 6am. 

kept the same routine yesterday but nap was at 12pm and again I got 1hr 30 mins, bedtime at 7pm again and up at 5am!!!!!!

I cant believe I used to moan at 5.30 starts, how I would love those days back :).