Author Topic: Help me banish EW for good! (or at least a few nights :) x)  (Read 3919 times)

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Help me banish EW for good! (or at least a few nights :) x)
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2016, 02:55:22 am »
Sounds like she is just an early bird! I wonder if the shorter nights will stay until she drops her nap totally?
Heidi

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2016, 07:31:33 am »
NO!!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(, don't say that x

We were up at 4.45 this morning after a short nap of an hour yesterday.   I took her into bed with me and although she took an hour to go of I managed to get her to sleep for another 40 mins. She still seems so tired though, she lies around quiet a lot of the day so I am sure she needs more sleep although I do think 10 hour nights are the norm with her and a short nap means we drop down to 9.9.5 :(.  Even on holiday she was only doing 10 hours but BT was around 9pm but she was taking 3 hours in the day too which could give us that late BT.

If I could move BT out it could help but she seems to be in a habit of waking at that time and she is so knackered by bt is seems cruel to keep her up, she is exhausted.

Im torn between going for an super early bt in the hope we can get more than 10 hours and going cold turkey and stretching BT out.  Last week we did a BT of 6.30 and she woke at 5am so still got an extra 30 mins out of her.  Then I go back to sticking with set times we have for a little longer as we have only been doing this routine rigidly for a week  ??? ??? ???. SO confused x

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2016, 06:21:34 am »
We managed to get to 12pm for nap although she nearly fell asleep in car on way to dance class and on on way back but I managed to distract her.  She napped for 1hr 30 mins, and I pushed BT out until 7.15pm and she slept until 5.15am.  So am going to roll with this and see if we can gradually push out.  Would you push nap out too or leave where it is atm?

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 00:54:36 am »
I think I would move the nap the same amount you push everything else but once you get to a decent time for the morning wake then I would move more to set nap and bed time as it is a lot simpler than judging A times in a toddler.
Heidi

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 06:49:43 am »
Hi, nap fell a little later yesterday anyway due to mother in law having her, so nap fell at 12.45 and she slept for 2hours :).I was unsure what to do about BT, she was tired around 7.7.30 but I dragged her until 8pm and she woke at 4..45!!!!! so 9 hours again :( and stupid early, I don't think nap made the difference, still think could have put her down earlier and would have woke same time = more sleep x

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2016, 05:43:31 am »
Nap was pretty disastrous too, only managed 50 mins, which fell early aswell at 11.45am.  I thought maybe an early night would help so put her to bed at 6.30pm and we were up at 4.30am  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(.  Looks like 10 hour nights and early mornings are here to stay.

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 13:13:09 pm »
Yes it seems like it. (((Hugs))) I am not a morning person so I can understand how crappy that is!
Heidi

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2016, 16:21:08 pm »
We got a long nap again today of 2 hours, I am just going to roll with a 7.30pm bedtime and hope we can get to 5.30, that would be better alternative to 4.30 x

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2016, 05:09:26 am »
Fx that it works!!
Heidi

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2016, 06:29:14 am »
We managed a 2 hour nap yesterday so I made  bedtime 7.30pm, she woke at 3.30!!!!!!! I truly am at my wits end  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(. she did go back after an hour but still then only had another 40 mins, so we are probably getting nearer to 9hrs at night now.  I know she is on the lower end of sleep needs but think this is too little for her.  She is constantly tired. I just don't know what she needs  ???

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2016, 20:38:04 pm »
couldn't keep her awake past 11am today :(, she had 1hr 30 mins and I did end up putting her down at 7pm, but hubby is doing morning shift so not bothered what time she wakes lol ;) xxx

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2016, 15:40:34 pm »
Hmm she is at the prime time for the 18 month regression...is she getting teeth or having a language leap too? Those can be issues at this age with sleep too. So tough as she won't seem to tack on to her night sleep and I am not sure if trying to squeeze in a catnap when the nap comes early would be a good thing or just result in more ew!!
Heidi

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2016, 06:17:59 am »
Well we seem to be pretty consistent with naps  for now, they are generally between 11.30 and 12pm for 1hr 30 mins.  I have been keeping BT at 7pm and still getting 5am waking, last night however I went with 7.30pm Bt and she woke at 4.45am  :'( :'(

So in hindsight, she is better with 7pm bedtime in which she does her 10 hours which I think is her max night sleep, OT results in shorter nights.  If only we could re set that wake time  ???

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2016, 04:24:32 am »
I wonder if a gro clock or similar would help with that? I have never used one but I have painstakingly spent ages teaching DD3 how to wake and not scream the house down! I may be shifting her into a room with DD2 who cannot tell time so I may get one to teach them to stay in bed/quiet even if they are awake!
Heidi

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2016, 14:19:07 pm »
Hi, I think she may still be a little young for a gro clock, but its def something to keep in mind.  Although we had one with dd and it never worked  :'(.  Anyway yesterday we had a trip to the dentist so she fell asleep in car for around 30 mins from around 9am to 9.30am, put her down for another nap at 1pm and she slept until 3pm. I dragged bt out again until 7.45 and she woke at 5am, however although I did bring her in my bed, she fell back to sleep until 6.15 so I guess that's a result in a way. 

I have been reading another board on here about pushing bt out drastically until ot and in essence resetting wake up time, so I may give this a go, I guess this that is pretty much what we did when we went on holiday.  We are lucky that she very rarely wakes in the night and can handle long A times, I think I have always been scared in the past as always have a little voice telling me to do early nights but I think I have now gathered she really can only do a 10 hour night so early bt are always going to give me an early start.  I definitely think its all about resetting her internal clock, fx