Author Topic: 16 months still night waking  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
16 months still night waking
« on: January 15, 2016, 22:38:33 pm »
Dd2 is 16 months old and still waking twice a night.  Usually 1 enw around 10/11 then around 3/4.

She has always been hsn and as far as I can see, still is. Her routine s5 home is:

WU 6:45/6:55
Nap 1 9:30-10
Nap 2 1-3
BT 6:45

She goes down no problem and I need to wake from naps, sometimes she wakes from the 2nd nap at 2:45 bur usually I wake at 3.

At the childminders she can't get a morning nap due to outings then nursery runs make naps late so it's usually

WU 6:45
Nap 1:30-2:45
BT 6:15

More night waking these nights ( starting nursery in Aug so nap will be 12).

Not sure I'd I should be trying to drop to 1 nap or what I should be doing, she's so tired after the childminder days but at 16 months I would really like some sttn. I've probably had about 10 since she was born x

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 16 months still night waking
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 13:43:00 pm »
That is a long A time at the childminders! I was thinking one nap might be the way to go but earlier (like 12:00 to start). I imagine she gets ot/os on the days a the childminder if there is more going on and from that long morning!
Heidi

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 14:59:55 pm »
It is way to late at the childminders she's been so ot that she's not falling asleep until 2 then only getting 45 mins a day there. So the next day at home she's still very tired.

I can try pushing out to 1 nap at home and hope she takes a big nap. I think she will struggle with 12 after a cm day. Would you keep BT the same a time as always or push that out too since the nap will probably finish earlier?

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 23:15:45 pm »
I have always kept bedtime the same but then I have kids who seem to thrive on a set bedtime and handle ot well. So no way the childminder can adjust the nap? If so it may be the case of doing 2 naps at home to compensate until she can handle the one nap routine.
Heidi