Author Topic: 14.5 Month Question  (Read 1288 times)

Offline mhatlas

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 16, 2016, 20:43:44 pm »
My DD lulls me into confidence and then changes things on me! I'm sure we are totally unique in this. 

She's 14.5 months and I'm not sure if we're just hitting a rough patch with molars or if accidental parenting has finally caught up with us.  Our day looked like this up until a week ago:

8:15 - Up (when  she actually woke up, I'm not sure because she would just hang out and play or snooze in her crib.
8:30 - Breakfast
11:30 - Lunch
12:45 - Nap 1.25 to 2 hours
3:00 - Snack
6:00 - Dinner
7:15 Wind down
Asleep sometime between 8 and 8:30.

The accidental parenting comes in where I stand near her crib until I'm sure she's asleep.  Sometimes I resettle her by placing my hand on her back or setting her back down if she starts to get up.  However, she always fall asleep without me touching her.  I just have to be near.  I don't know if I need to work on leaving her alone in her room?

About a week ago, she had a couple of nights of not falling asleep quickly, waking up in the middle of the night and short naps.  She's also started early waking.  Today she was up at 7, although she hasn't been waking up in the middle of the night lately.   She'll lay back down if I go in her room, but not fall asleep in the morning and if she wakes too early from her nap.  This change coincides with when I started leaving her in the day care at the gym for the first few times (the first time she's been with non-family); it hasn't been good but she recovers quickly after I pick her up. 

Today our routine was:
7am up
8am breakfast
11:30 lunch
12:45 asleep
1:50 up
2:30 snack
6pm Dinner
7:15 Wind down asleep by 8

So, I'm wondering could it be:
a. She's fine, she's just going to wake up at 7 and her naps are going to be variable and I'm worried for nothing.
b. Separation anxiety and accidental parenting
c. Teething
d. I need to tweak her schedule somewhere

TIA. Also, I apologize if I put this in the wrong forum!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 18:49:42 pm by trimbler »

Offline Emami

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: 14.5 Month Question
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 20:29:36 pm »
I think her routine looks good, so I would hold off trying to tweak anything as it could be that she'll just settle back to normal soon.

Do you think she's teething? That could definitely be a factor. My DD2 is also 14 months and is popping molars and canines all over the place. Sometimes it seems to make her extra sleepy but other times she wakes up crying and won't resettle.

How is her mood?  If she seems to be coping ok with a little less sleep I'd just roll with it, but if she is getting OT I would be more concerned with trying to figure out the cause.

As for the AP, does she get really upset if you leave? Has she ever been an independent sleeper?
Emma

Offline mhatlas

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 01:43:53 am »
She is absolutely teething. Molars and one of them has been pretty stubborn. (Swollen for a week or more and I just started to feel a bit of tooth today).

She sleeps great all night 99% of the time so I hadnt thought much about it, but yes she gets pretty upset if I leave too early. Again, I don't talk to her or tough her, I just stand there.