Author Topic: Should a newborn always sleep in their Moses basket for naps?  (Read 1045 times)

Offline shinysarah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Should a newborn always sleep in their Moses basket for naps?
« on: January 18, 2016, 12:40:18 pm »
Hello all...I'm interested  in your thoughts...I have a newbie (11 days!) and was wondering if you think newbies should always sleep in their Moses baskets for all naps???
Love to hear your thoughts!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 12:42:45 pm by shinysarah »

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
Re: Should a newborn always sleep in their Moses basket for naps?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 13:17:22 pm »
Hi I have an 8 wk old and she has her naps as a mixture of Moses basket, pram and sling.

You might find that at such an early age they will sleep in the Moses basket but once they come out of that sleepy phase a lot of them need help to fall sleep and the sling and pram become your good friends!!!!!
Lauren

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 15:09:45 pm »
My DD usually takes 1 good nap in her bassinet, 2 if I am lucky and the rest is usually in the swing for with him holding her.

Offline Elisanah

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 16:36:22 pm »
Congratulations! My lo slept in a mix of her basket, pram and sling. I can't remember her age exactly but she was still really little when she went through a phase of not sleeping in her basket or pram, my moby sling became a life saver! Then one day she seemed to take to the moses basket again and we just sometimes used the wrap to extend her naps. She's 11mo now and sleeps fine in her cot :)

Offline shinysarah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 16:54:16 pm »
Thank you 😊
She's my third but I just can't remember some things and I had other 2 close together so they blur a little into one 😁
Did EASY with them both but have no recollection when I started with either?!?!
Just want to keep EASY in my mind, even though she's still little and is going to change every day!!!
I do remember however that teatime for DS1 were bad no basket, no bouncer no anything time other than holding him!!!

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 21:37:52 pm »
If you can manage it, let her sleep a bit in the basket.  If she wakes up, pop her in a sling and see if she tacks on ....  My LO2 was either in my arms or a sling at that age :)

General guideline - the first nap of the day is usually easiest to get in a crib or basket, start trying to start that nap in there by about 6 weeks, but don't kill yourself over it, you've enough on your plate.  Just offer the opportunity to sleep independently and if LO goes for it, brilliant, and if not, help out.  Newbies of 11 days old - loads of snuggles :D
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline shinysarah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 12:12:05 pm »
Thank you! I just want to snuggle her all the time but I'm realistic with 2 other LOs to also look after...thank you ladies 😀