Author Topic: Dropping Nap  (Read 1317 times)

Offline albers30

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: January 19, 2016, 20:53:01 pm »
I have twin girls who just turned 3 in December.  Since then we've started to struggle with nap time some.  Most days they still take a nap but it can be a struggle to get them down at least a few times a week they don't nap at all.  Currently they are in bed between 8 and 830 at night but may not be asleep til fish i'm guessing from the chattering I can hear sometimes.  They generally get up between 7 and 730 am.  Nap time is around 1pm.  Should I continue to push them to take a nap or should I give up, is it normal at this age to drop it.  Should I move up bedtime if they drop the nap?  They often seem tired around nap time but now very often do they seem exhausted like they used to.  They also gave up their pacifiers around the time the napping trouble started so I don't know if that's a factor too.  Thoughts?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Dropping Nap
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 04:57:37 am »
When they nap how long do they nap for? 2 of my 3 were done napping by this age and the one who was not only napped a couple of times a week, so that is probably the way they are headed. We never did ebt during the 1-0 but a lot of kids do need it.
Heidi

Offline albers30

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 22:06:26 pm »
They generally nap for 90 minutes to occasionally 2 hours. They still nap at school just fine it's just home where they don't want to. I just figured if they weren't getting that extra sleep during the day they might need it at night but so far bed time hasn't changed too much and they seem to be doing ok most the time.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 03:56:19 am »
I wouldn't push the nap if they are fine without it - we did start doing a quiet time at that point but not sure how that would work with two at once!
Heidi

Offline albers30

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 04:56:23 am »
They do do quiet time, well as quiet as two 3 year old girls can be in a bedroom alone but it still at least gives me an hour of time to myself to pick up and catch up on somethings.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 16:54:18 pm »
Well that works then! Lol yes "quiet time" here means go in your room and sing to your dolls!
Heidi