Author Topic: Wake to Sleep Method  (Read 1270 times)

Offline danielle204

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 20, 2016, 07:47:36 am »
Hi, I hope you can help me - My 2 and a half year old daughter has always been a very habitual waker and so I have had to use the wake to sleep method numerous times and always with success. However, her latest habit has left me searching for a new solution - about a month ago she started waking every morning at 5.50am ready for the day ahead. I started setting my alarm at 4.50am and going into her room, picking her up, kissing her and asking if she needs a drink. Her eyes open slightly, she replies no and then goes straight back to sleep. She then doesn't wake at 5.50am that morning. However, as soon as I stop stirring her at 4.50am she does wake at 5.50am. I have tried this for over a month now and every time I stop stirring her the habit returns. I know it is a habit and not noise or light that is bothering her because she still wakes when we sleep at other peoples houses. I don't like the idea of having to set a 4.50am alarm for the rest of her life and so am hoping for a permanent solution... Should I stir her earlier or later? Should I be waking her more than I am? Is there something else I should try? Your ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am expecting another one in May and certainly do not want to still be having to worry about her sleep when I have a newborn to keep me awake! Thanks in advance.

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 00:44:18 am »
Hi there, can you post up her day with wake and sleep times - we might see something.
The tweaking never stops!

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Wake to Sleep Method
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 12:43:55 pm »
I'd consider stirring her when you go up to bed if that is more convenient and sustainable for now. It might not work but it might.

Tracy did say to wake toddlers completely when doing W2S in the night but if it is working on the nights you try it then I doubt that would help it affect the nights you don't do it.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011