Author Topic: 3 month old early evening wakings...why won't she go to and stay asleep?!  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Sufs

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
DD is 13 weeks. She naps during the day ok with minimal fussing as long as I get the timing bang on. However bedtime and evenings are a disaster. Sometimes she just won't go down or if she does is up again within 20-30 minutes. iM FINDING MYSELF UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS AT LEAST 5-6 TIMES BEFORE THE DF at 10.30-11 and then she sleeps to 3/4 am and then the morning.

The funny thing is at 8 weeks I could put her down at 8 and she would sleep to 11. But since 11 weeks it's all gone to pot.

Heres a rough idea of our day. It's not exact because it depends on wake up time which varies between 7-8.

Wake: 7.30-8
E: 8-8.30
A
S 9.30ish (45min-90)
E 11.00/11.30
A
S 11.45/12.15 (Anywhere between 1 hr to over 2 hrs)
E 2.30/3
A
S 3.45/4.30 (45-1HR)
E 6
A Bedtime routine
S 7.15/7.30

Sorry it's not more exact...it all depends on how long naps are. She never goes more than 90 mins between sleeps and I think that's still probably too long. It's more like an hour before she's tired again! After the last nap she just seems really sleepy even after she just woke up (although sleepy cues hard to read) and so I think she's already overtired by bedtime?

Please help. I have no free evenings anymore and am exhausted (I also have an active 4 year old to put to bed). I try to use ssh/pat or just pat really to get her back to sleep along woth the dummy but it doesn't always work and I'm ending up bringing her downstairs again and sleeping in bouncer or on sofa next to me. Last night I was so fed up I went to bed and left her to my husband who ended up holding her from 9.30-11. Feels like we are going backwards!

Any solutions?

Offline Sufs

• Showing Appreciation 0
Just to add, she has a feed at 6 and then another top up just before bed. She's FF. She doesn't seem very hungry in the morning feeds. And she only drinks between 4-6oz at a feed.

She only sleeps on her tummy

Offline Sufs

• Showing Appreciation 0

Offline choc

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
I'm no expert but that seems like a long A time to bed for her age.  They could be OT wakings?
Gemma

Offline Meghanwho

• Showing Appreciation 0
Ahh are you me??

My LO just hit 11 weeks and everything is just falling apart. We're having almost exactly the same issues. My nights are spent trying to soothe a freaking out baby to sleep.

It's so disheartening because until a week ago it was going so well.

Offline Kangarruu

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My Little Guppy

I was thinking the same thing! Even down to the 4 yo older sib. Only my LO just turned 4 MO. But he's had the early evening wakings since about 3 MO. I wish i could say things got better, but unfortunately they just got infinitely worse. Started my own ranting thread a little while ago.

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Hi there, it's certainly an intense time, isn't it? (((Hugs))) I'm with choc here, sounds like OT, as you yourself thought. Most LOs her age would actually be getting three longish (if lucky!) naps plus an evening CN - which when my DD was this age, was taken in a sling in a quiet corner of our car park (no garden or we'd have done it there!) whilst kicking a ball around with my (then 4yo) DS :) That evening CN can really help them get to BT without getting OT, and you'd try to keep the A times as short as possible before and after. That reminds me - do you try to reduce the A time after a short nap? That can also help stop OT accumulating over the day. How does that sound?