Author Topic: Wind Down for an 11 month old?  (Read 864 times)

Offline klo1020

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 21, 2016, 19:29:21 pm »
What do you all do for a wind down for an 11 month old?!  I try walking around while holding him in his dark room... but he starts fighting me almost immediately! I keep getting tricked - he'll be reaching for his bed, so I think oh great he's tired, maybe he just wants to wind down in his bed, but NO.  He just starts playing in his bed!  I just extended his A time to from 4 hr to 4 hr 15 min, so he has to be tired!! Right?!

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: Wind Down for an 11 month old?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 21:10:31 pm »
Hi there :) Well, different LOs seem to get on with different things when it comes to wind downs, and even change what they need at different phases. Some like/need to get it over with quickly, literally just into room and straight down with a kiss; others need some singing, or walking, or a book and cuddle, or a period of low-key activity for 5-10mins before even going to the bedroom. Even then some go through periods where they just won't settle so quickly and seem to need to take that 15mins or so to chat to themselves and process whatever they've just been doing - especially during developmental spurts.

You mentioned routine changes - could you post his current routine, then we can have a look and perhaps we'll have some suggestions based on that?