Author Topic: 9 MO NW?  (Read 1032 times)

Offline eogan0622

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 23, 2016, 20:05:27 pm »
Hello All,

Haven't written a post in awhile because we've been on a good path for awhile with sleep and naps! (*finally*).  My DD is 9 mo and goes to sleep for naps and BT independently.  She started crawling last month, pulling up on everything, and eating solids like a champ.  She has yet to cut any teeth, and is a very happy baby.  She is on the small side (1st % for weight, 3 % for height) - she is only 13.5 pounds! But growing and developing fine, according to doctor, just petite!  OK- so on to NW.  Here's our general routine:

645-700: WU
E: (depending on when she last breastfed overnight, usually 4 hrs after, solids about 1 hr after)
930/945-11/1115: S (2.45 A time is the ticket before 1st nap)
E: (same as above)
2:15/2:30-3:45/4: S (3.15 A time usually- sleeps 1-1.5 hrs)
E: same as above
6:30: bath/bedtime routine
7:00: bottle and sleep

So, some nights, she goes until 3 or 4 before waking, and then I feed her and she goes right back to sleep.  Other nights, probably more than not, she wakes up between 12:30-1:30 and DH goes in, resettles, gives paci, and she goes right back down.  However, some nights she can't be resettled and she just babbles to herself or fusses a little, but not full crying, for 45 mins-1 hr before we go in and resettle or I have to feed her.  I'm not sure how to handle these wakings- I don't want to rush in because sometimes when she does this in the middle of a nap (from time to time), she puts herself back down after 15-20 mins of it.  But at night, it only seems to keep her awake longer and then she just eventually gets to a mad point.  And in these cases, if DH does get her back down after her being up for 45 min + she usually only sleeps for 15-20 mins before waking and then it's time for feeding. 

So that was the first question.  In addtion to that- I would like to start nightweaning her.  Doctor said she should be able to go 12 hrs.  DH and I keep pushing up the WU time for feeding- ie if she gets up before 3, DH goes in for resettling.  Is there a better way to do this? I'm not sure if she's waking up out of habit now?  How to tell?

Thanks for the help!

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: 9 MO NW?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 17:23:28 pm »
I wonder if UT is causing you issues at NT rather than showing up in the day?

It's great your DH is helping with the NW's. That's exactly what I'd suggest actually. She may not be using you as a prop to get back to sleep, but I'm thinking if we don't sort out the day time, you'll always feel like you have to feed back to sleep during those long NW's.

You're doing everything I would do.. if she's not crying it's ok to leave her, but there does come a point when it gets a bit annoying doesn't it?!

So she's obviously comfortable with a shorter first A, that's fine. But I still think we should push both A times and try and lengthen your day a little. It's not unusual to have 13-hr long days at all. What do you think? I don't think you'll be far off the 2-1 transition. Not saying she's ready for one nap yet, but actually capping one of the naps as the A time increases to fit it in to one day. Have a read of the link to prepare you ok?

Fancy giving the 2 A times an extra 15mins each and see how it goes? That will mean your BT is 30mins later xx

From 2 to 1 nap transition (10-12m and older)

Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 17:25:12 pm by Kellyjs »