Author Topic: Nap dropping....  (Read 971 times)

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
« on: February 15, 2016, 14:52:02 pm »
Sorry, I know this is done to death here but I can't find the answer.....

My twins are 2.5. Little twin has dropped his nap perfectly happily. Big twin has been gradually dropping it and refusing to go down quite often, so we stopped it at home and he has an hour only at nursery, and brought BT forward to 6:30. This has worked brilliantly for us as a family, as baby can go to bed earlier and so can I!

The trouble is....now he wants to nap again. So he will take himself upstairs and put himself to bed, and would sleep for hours if I let him. Then he will be up until 10, getting himself in a fret and waking the others.

What would you do? I have tried letting him have a short nap but for the sake of a 30 min nap he is then staying up at least an hour later so he is missing out on sleep. Also he is HORRIBLE to wake from naps.

Any suggestions are v welcome!

Offline Aishi

• Showing Appreciation 105
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 14:58:05 pm »
Don't let him nap! Sorry I know you say he wants to but if he's managing ok wo one then I would do special quiet time for him eg 30 min to show, snuggles and books at designated time but no nap...
aishi :)

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 16:18:01 pm »
 ;D that's what I thought. When you think of the 2 years I spent trying to get him to nap!!!! It's always a battle, isn't it?!?

Offline Aishi

• Showing Appreciation 105
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 17:22:46 pm »
Always! And mine are 4&6 now ::)

Good luck! Hope it works for you!
aishi :)