Author Topic: 5 months LO and sleepless nights  (Read 1319 times)

Offline seagirl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 26, 2016, 04:55:37 am »
Good morning, I so much need your support and advice.
My LO was at 3 hours EASY till 4,5 mont old. Till 4 month she woke up 1 time at night and it was great.
Since her  4 months she start wake up 2 times at night, then hardly back to sleep after wakings, then I started to take her to my bed after first waking for sleep a little bit more...
Now she is at 4 hours EASY, at nights she is waking up each 40 mins-1 hour, she is using paci, and I hopeless:(
For naps she sleeps without any problem.
Fully breastfeeding, no solids yet.
Our yesterday:
E: 8AM
A
S: 10-12AM
E: 12AM
A
S:2-3.40PM
E: 4PM
A
S: 5.40-6.20 PM
E: 7 pm
A
S:8 PM
DF 11 PM
NW 1.40 AM, 3.50 am, 5.30 am, 7.am
Help us please ???
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 05:05:01 am by seagirl »

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: 5 months LO and sleepless nights
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 20:04:34 pm »
Hi there. Actually your easy doesn't look too bad at all. Especially if she's not refusing naps. It might be time to push the A time soon, but as the naps are good I'd hold out for now.

What i would check for is teething. Have you noticed her chewing on her hands at all? Failing that we might have to play around with your day a little, but I don't want to tweak anything if teething is a factor xx

Offline seagirl

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 04:42:07 am »
Hi Kellyjs!
Thank you so much for answer :-*
It seems like no teething yet-I see nothing at least, and about her hands-she is chewing it since her 2 months  ;D
Our yesterday:
Wake Up 7.00 am
E: 8.00 am
A
E: 10.00 am
S: 10.10-12.00
A
E: 2.00 pm
S: 2.15-3.00 pm
A
S:5.00-6.15 pm
E: 6.15 pm
A
E: 7.45 pm
S: 8.10 pm
DF 11.15 pm
NW 2.30 am, 5 am, 6.30 ( all with feedings)
She is not eating good at night, but doesn't fall asleep without it. May be I should give her water? Or start solids?
I feel like I'll never teach her to sleep without paci and out of my bed:(
Thank u so much for attention!

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 17:42:58 pm »
We all go through thought processes like that, I promise! Tbh, it will get better, it always does. Then it gets bad again for a bit, then better and so forth  ::). Hence why we're always so busy I suppose  ;)

Ok, good to know about the teething. They may be bouncing around under there, but as long as she's not actively teething I think we could do with a little shake up to your routine wdyt? Up for it?

So first nap is fab, yay. Let's leave that well alone 3hrs 10mins A. What I dn't really like the look of is the next A. It's just too short at 2hrs 15mins A. Can you see the difference there? Definitely an UT nap I'd say. Around now, we really should be working towards 2 naps. Not saying she's quite ready yet, but we need to set the stage for it and get two decent naps in. The third one just needs to be short to get her to BT. This will slowly reduce as your A times get higher. I actually think we might not be too far off given you're over 3hrs for that first A. I'll post a link for you to have a read through too.

Wrt to the NW's have you ever tried to resettle without feeding? If she's not taking a full feed at night, there is a danger a little sneaky prop can arise there. Have you tried ssh/pat? I'll post a link for you about that too (sorry for all the extra reading, it's like homework isn't it  ;) :P).

So what I want to try is only one NF (excluding the DF) and try and resettle at the others. Dyt you could try that for me? Tbh is she's BF, it might be easier if Daddy (if possible) takes over the resettling at night for a day or two as they do seem to know they're not getting any milk from Daddy! Would you fancy talking to him about it and see if there's a good time like a weekend to do this? In the meantime I'd take a note of the NW's and if she feeds more at one than the others and that'll help us make a plan to tackle these. I do think it'll get better once we tweak the routine too, but if we have a plan in place to nip these in the bud too, it really does help int he middle of the night when you have it in your mind what to do!

So let's try pushing that second A by 15mins for now ok? So a 2.5hr A time. Hold for a couple of days then we can reassess whether to push it again which I think we might need to. We liek to hold it for a couple of days at least so they can settle into it, and not push too much too soon ok? So, what do you think? xx

Oops, forgot to add. Starting solids won't make them sleep though the night i'm afraid.. an old myth. Milk is more calorie dense and nutritionally balanced that it actually sustains them longer. By all means if you want to introduce solids, have a think about it. We stated at 5.5mo as per the recommendations here. But do make sure milk comes first then solids an hour or so later, always. The danger is that they take too much solids and not enough milk and then in turn start waking up at night looking for an extra milk feed  ::)

All about the 3-2 transition- 5/6 months

Shush-pat - How to
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 17:47:57 pm by Kellyjs »

Offline seagirl

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 13:24:03 pm »
Hello again!
Thank you so much for advises, I'll try and let you know:)
But there is some problems:
Shush-pat I tried of course, but it never worked with her:(
She is paci-addicted, where can I read about this problem? She doesn't fall asleep without it, and I guess at nights she wakes up because doesn't feel it :(
Last 2 days she sleep just 40 min at 2th nap, we can't make her sleep more:(
Last 1,5 days:
WU: 8am
E: 8am
A
S 10-11.30 am
E 12pm
A
S 2-3 pm
E 4 pm
A
S 6.30 pm
DF 11pm
From 11 till 0.30 she woke up each 15 min and wanted paci.
NW: 2.30 am, 5 am, 6.30 am
WU: 7.30
E: 7.30 am
A
S: 10 am-11.30 am
E: 12.00
A
S: 2-2.45 pm
A
E: 4.pm
A
S: 5-5.40 pm
A
E: 7.30 pm
S 7.30 pm

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 18:30:13 pm by seagirl »

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 20:00:42 pm »
I'm sorry I'm not the best with paci issues as we never used one. It might be worth starting a new thread if you do want to wean it? Otherwise I know the general advice is to try and start teaching her to replug it herself during your A time, but I'm unsure when they *should be able to do that.

I take it she's waking happy from that second nap? On the first day you got an hour and it seems to be decreasing doesn't it? I would add 10 mins onto that second A and hold it again and see what happens xx