Author Topic: Happy singing Emw for a 7 month old  (Read 6987 times)

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Happy singing Emw for a 7 month old
« on: January 26, 2016, 07:41:19 am »
Hi all,

I've been having nap issues which have been improving through the help from the nap board so I'm here now for some help with Emw 😄😄

My lg is 7 months old. She goes to sleep independently for naps and feeds to sleep at bedtime usually. I don't think she has to feed to sleep for bedtime - it just works out that way due to tiredness. She can self settle usually if she wakes early on in her night sleep.

I had been dream feeding at 11pm until recently but dropped this two weeks ago as she wasn't taking much and I felt I was interrupting her sleep pattern. Seems to be ok with this - isn't waking at 11am looking for the feed.

Her sleeping tends to look like bt between half 6 and half 7 depending on her last nap. We are in the 3-2 transition.
The problem is that if she sleeps through 7pm - about 5.30am, she then Emw and singing / happy screams and it is hard to get her back to sleep. I can sometimes achieve this by breastfeeding her (10 hours without a feed by then so I assume this is ok). Sometimes she will do 7pm - 2am (feed) then still awake around half 5.

Do you think that is her up for the day (I really hope not!) as she has had over 10hours sleep or I have an issue going on?

My easy for yesterday was:

Wu: 7.50 (this is late, we slept in)
S: 10.45 - 12.10
E: 12.10 - 12.20
E: 12.45 lunch solids
S: 2.50 - 3.05 (fell asleep in car and wouldn't extend sleep when out)
S: 4.25 - 4.55
E 5pm dinner solids
Bt 7.20

Thanks! xx

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Happy singing Emw for a 7 month old
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 20:11:09 pm »
Hugs, I hate EW  :-\ Could you post a day for me when she did EW please?

It is a little on the late side to be going through the 3-2, but not unheard of. Has she always had lower than average A times?

I'm not surprised she falls asleep feeding at BT. That last A might be a little long after a 30mins nap, but I just want to check another days easy to make sure what's going on there.

It's not unusual for them to have less ONS when going through a nap transition. That's when we know the day sleep has to reduce, or the last A gets too long as a result of a nap drop and that OT before BT causes the EW.

What I did find with DD is when I dropped the DF at 7mo, she did start waking earlier for a little while. I too presumed hunger given she was used to the DF, but looking back she was only taking 2-3oz int he end. It did coincide for us with a need to increase the first A but it seems you might have done that recently? Look forward to hearing from you xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 20:29:23 pm »
I didn't realise that 7 months was late for the 3-2 transition?
She has always actually had above average a times until recently when her naps went weird and the nap board thought she was ot. Her morning a was up at 3.5 hours but was getting a short nap so I've reduced it to 3hrs and I'm getting a 1 hour 20 min nap now.
The thing with my lg is that she isn't showing tired signs at all just now! She can stay up 4 hours during the day without a yawn, moan etc. So confusing!

My easy yesterday was as above with a Emw at 5.50 where I fed but she didn't go back to sleep. She stayed in her cot chatting to herself until 7am. I try to make 7.15am our consistent with.

The day befores easy was:

Wu 7.30
S 10.30 - 11.00 (wouldn't extend)
A
E 12.00
S13-40 - 14.25 (then pupd) 14.40 - 15.40
Bt 18.40

Night wake ups: 5.30 (fed and back to sleep until 7.45)

Thanks for your reply! xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 20:31:18 pm »
*7.15am is the meant to be our constitent wake up. Xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 20:34:58 pm »
I had one of those too.. no tired signs. Got so excited when I did get one that I rushed her to bed and no nap for 4.5hrs  ::)

5-6mo is the average, but hey what's average?!   ;).

How long have you had the 3hrs A for now? Have the EW started since you reduced that A time? xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 21:30:04 pm »
Yes I guess so and also coincided with dropping the dream feed.
Before I dropped the df, it was feed 11, wu around 4am for a feed and back to sleep until about 7am ish. So I am getting a longer spell of solid sleep from her but then Emw that she sometimes won't extend.

I actually feel like her whole routine has gone off lately with her naps being strange. If I have to go out, her day time sleep goes all wrong.

Do you think I should up the morning a to over three hours? or shorten the a before bed? Or both? Ha 😄 X

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 21:32:38 pm »
Realised I didn't answer your question! I had the 3hr 10min a in Dec and was getting good 1.5 - 2 hour naps but then it went wrong and a lost those so I upped it to 3.5 hours but I kept getting 30min naps so it was reduced back to 3hrs. She has been doing 3hrs for about 5 days now. Xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 19:41:53 pm »
I'm just wondering if we're expecting too much ONS yk? Some bubbas never really do 12hr ONS and that just throws everything out.

Ok, it may be that she sis get a bit OT after xmas and the naps mods rightly recommended pulling back the A a little. This can also happen during developmental leaps too int hat the A time needs reducing slightly whilst they work out what it is. Then it needs pushing again!

If you were getting good naps at 3hrs 10mins last month and nw they've reverted, I'd actually look at increasing that first A only back to that and see where that gets us. Wdyt? I would keep the last A as is it for now, just because I don't want to shorten your day much more, but if we have to add any more onto that first A I might look at reducing the last one. I would keep it shorter if that last nap is a bust though ok? Anything under an hour I'd shorten the last A by 30mins or so.

And the naps do go off when we go out. It's a rock and a hard place isn't it? We have to go out for our sanity, but our sanity also needs Y time and sleep! I did always try and be at home for DD's naps but that's because she never slept in her buggy ever! Car seat was ok, but only ever one sleep cycle. I know some mum's on here just make sure they have their bubba have at least one good nap at home if they can. Do remember, it changes up so much in the coming months, you'll be able to be out for longer stretches without naps getting int he way  ;) xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 16:03:45 pm »
Last night she did 6.40 - 10pm, wee cry but settled then 5.20am where I fed and she then chatted in her cot but must have gone back to sleep as my alarm woke us up at 7.15am. Not a bad night all in all.

I am having a terrible time with her naps. She is almost refusing naps just now and doing 30mins when she does. Tried 3hrs 10mins this morning and got a 35min nap. Will hold the a there for a few days and see what happens.

she is driving me crazy just now. She just isn't herself. I am hoping the bad day sleep doesn't give me more nw.  ::)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 20:15:06 pm »
Great night yay! I want to keep an eye on the naps, I'm not sure but as the night sleep is getting better again, your naps are going off aren't they? Ypu don't ever seem to get both  ::). Keep a log of the days for me and we'll keep at it xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 18:52:57 pm »
Hello

A wee update:

I seem to b getting two night wu's now. One around 12.30 then about 4.30 then Emw about 6am. I don't know whether to start the dream feed again? Maybe I stopped it too early?

Easy yesterday looked like:

During the night fed 12am, 4am
Wu 7.15
A
S 10.05 - 11.35
E
A
S 14.50 - 15.30 (in car)
Bt 6.35

Nwu 12.35 (settled no feed), 4.15 fed, 6.15 fed
Wu today 7.45

I'm tending to get 1.5 nap in the morning and not so good in the afternoon, usually 40mins. She is knackered by bedtime but don't want to bring it even earlier than half 6! 😓

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 08:29:38 am »
No I wouldn't bother bringing back the DF now, she'd have already self-regulated to take more during the day.

No I wouldn't want to bring BT earlier either given she seems to max out at 11.5hrs ONS before waking up. I still do think we're expecting too much NS with your current routine. technically you're not getting an EW as it's over 10hrs sleep yk? So i think it's a case of shifting your day for you and sorting out that second nap. She may be OT by BT hence the NW's.

Are you mostly out and about for the 2nd nap? Some bubbas can't sleep over a sleep cycle elsewhere, I have one of those! xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 18:50:31 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not always out and about in the afternoon but much more than the morning. I tend to stay in for the morning as I know I usually get a better nap then. I can't stay in all day everyday as it really affects my mood not seeing/talking to people - my oh works away. I so wish she would sleep more out the house.

I met a friend today in the afternoon and hoped lg would sleep in pram but she didn't drop of until 4hrs 15mins and did an ot 20mins nap. Went home and tried to get her to nap again thinking that I'd push bedtime back but she wasn't having it and we powered through to bedtime at half 6.

Just feel like I can't win. Maybe I should go out in the morning and if she doesn't nap I have more time in the day to recover from the ot??

Xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 08:35:01 am »
When I was in your position wrt naps, I did stay in then hoped for a car nap later on. Do remember it will all change in the coming months, it won't be long until you have to cap the second nap or first one with the increasing A times. On those days when the second nap is rubbish, just do your EBT as you have been doing ok? A happy mumma is much better than a miserable one stuck at home all day! xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 07:23:59 am »
Thanks!

The naps are bad again, yesterday she has 1hr 10mins all day. Last nights nw were 2,4,6 zzzzzzz. Pretty tired today! I fed at 2am and 6am. Got up at 7 as she didn't go back to sleep after 6am feed and now I'm writing to you 😄

At the 2am wu, she woke happish and talked /groaned in her cot. I left her for 15mins until it was getting progressively unhappier. However when we go to her, we try shhh patt and then pick her up if his fails. When you pick her up, she clearly doesn't want picked up as she arches her back like crazy. Shhh patt isn't working and doesn't want picked up. After 40mins of trying to get her back to sleep, I fed her at 2.40. She didn't take that much (10mins whereas usually night feeds are 15mins) so I am not sure if she truly needed it. Any suggestions here?
Xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 19:35:40 pm »
I'm so sorry, I thought I had replied back to you  :-[. Mustve lost it.

How's it going now? Are the naps any better? Fancy posting what yesterday looked like for me so we can reassess? xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 21:52:01 pm »
No problem.

Yesterday looked like:

(During the night feed 2am, feed 6.10am and wouldn't go back to sleep)
Wu 6.10
S 9.05 - 9.35(in car as I was going to toddlers)
A
E 11.15
A
S 12.05 - 13.15 (1hr 10mins)
E 13.15 - 13.20
A
S 16.20 - 16.40 (tried to get a wee sleep in as wasn't going to make bt but only did 20mins and woke up screaming)
Bt 18.45

Nw 12am (crying but settled), 4.20am (checked on her and then left her for 20mins to see if would settle but ended up feeding)

Today:

Wu 7am
E 7.10, solids 8.30
A
S 10.25 - 10.55 (30mins and oh couldn't get her back to sleep)
E  12.00
A
S 13.15 - 14.35 (woken and tried to feed and she fell asleep again on me until 15.15)
E solids 5pm
Bt 6.45

I don't think it's much better. I have however worked out if she does a 30min nap, that an a time of 2hrs 20mins is then giving a better nap of over 1hr. It's just always such a struggle to get to bedtime without overtiredness.

What do you think about the back arching and shhh patt not working during the night? xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 07:31:24 am »
Ahhh i'm jinxed, just lost my reply to you again  ::)

I wonder if she finds the ssh/pat too stimulating at night as she's trying to resettle? My DD used to do this when she was getting fed up of me, looking back. Perhaps you could modify it slightly and not pat but just pur your hand on her shoulder and back? Is she crying when you're trying the ss/pat or is she just playing around?

It's great you've find an A time what gives you a longer nap after a shorter one. I'd be mindful of stretching it too far.. I wonder if that 2.5hrs A yesterday was an OT nap.. some bubbas do those when it's 1hr 10mins so i'd keep an eye on that. Today's one seemed a bit better.

So the 30mins nap has just started since you upped the A time from 3hrs to 3hrs 15mins? Have you tried going back tot the 3hrs for just a day and see if that gets a better nap in (i'm ignoring the yesterday one that you had in the car as that might not be reflective of what she can do) xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 13:52:24 pm »
Yeah the car isn't representative of a thing as she normally only does 30-40mins in there.

Today oh did 3.15 a this morning as I was napping and he went with that time. got a 30mins nap. I'll try 3hrs tomorrow morning and let you know how it was.

Just put her down at 2hrs 20mins A after her 30mins nap and only got 40mins nap. Tried resettling her for half an hour and she wouldn't go back to sleep.

Feel like I can't win just now 😢😢 she doesn't really do tired signs or when she does I reckon they are overtired signs. Is that common?

During the night she moans and groans and has a cough type cry. I know Tracey said coughing crying is linked to hunger but I'm pretty sure it's not hungry until about 4am when she's been sleeping for 9hours or so.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 19:43:28 pm »
Totally common not to have tired signs at this age, or more confusingly to give them at random times just to confuse us!

Ok, so good to know that the better time for her after a short nap is 2.5hrs A, let's go back to that then. How did it go with the first nap today?

Unfortunately we can't win hun. It's just the way it is. As soon as we get it right they want to up their A tikes again, it's a constant tweak. If it makes you feel any better ina matter of months she'll be on one nap and it gets so much easier from then, I promise xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 20:39:04 pm »
One nap sounds great!  ;D

This morning I got her down for 3hrs 5mins by the time she fell asleep and she slept for 1hr 15mins. Yay! You think I should take it back to 3hrs and see if it extends? Much improved anyway!! X

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 19:22:09 pm »
No i'd keep it as is 3hr 5mins!! Hooray  ;D xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 10:47:54 am »
Yesterday I stayed in as I didn't have any plans. I got:

Wu 7.15am
S 10.18 - 11.30
E 12.00
A
S 14.35 - 15.55
Bt 7.10

Yay! guess it shows that if I stay in she will sleep!
However this morning I only got 40mins from 3hrs 5mins. Just to keep me on my toes  ;D

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 19:22:41 pm »
Grrr... I still reckon we're close!  I'd keep with it tomorrow, then we could look at extending very slightly again if it happens again xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 12:30:47 pm »
40mins again and I couldn't get her back to sleep so tried to feed her to carry on with routine and she fell asleep feeding.
Think I need to up the a to get her over the 40mins hump?
Xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2016, 15:45:09 pm »
I think we might have to now! Fancy adding on just another 10mins and see where that gets us? I don't want to push too much as I think that's where we went wrong last time xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 05:46:51 am »
Hey,

The first nap at an a of around 3hrs 15mins gave me 1.5hours nap but then yesterday gave me 40mins. It makes no sense! X

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2016, 07:42:00 am »
Argh, that little one!  ;). Was anything different liek the level of activity or stimulation? Keep at 3hrs 15mins for a few more days ok? I don't want to increase it again just yet xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 05:49:31 am »
No I don't think anything was different in the morning. We've got a pretty standard routine in the morning of bf, blw breakfast which takes ages, jumperoo whilst I tidy up, dressed then quiet play then nap.

I didn't see your post so the next day I went to 3hrs 20mins and got 1hr 15 mins? I was at a weigh in clinic yesterday morning so it ruined the am nap.

What I have noticed just now is that it currently doesn't matter to her night sleep whether she has 1.5  - 2.5 hours naps as she is sleeping 7pm - 5am. I'm struggling with what to do at 5am as she is chatting away and if I leave her it eventually goes to a cry but as soon as I'm there to comfort her it goes back to happy chats or at least moaning so I can't really use shhhh patt or pupd. I do end up feeding her as it gets her back to sleep and hasn't fed for 10hours so could well be hungry. I feel like though I may be creating a 5am habit? Xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2016, 07:09:29 am »
I would go with the 5am feeding atm if it gets her back off to sleep. What the A time to BT currently? That being too long can mean EMW.

In any case 3hrs 20mins obviously got you a longer nap yay! COuld you post what yesterday and today looked like for me and we'll take another look xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2016, 11:06:50 am »
Yesterday was a disaster.

Went with 3.20 again for the morning a and got a half hour nap which is reckon was OT.
Then I was going out so the afternoon she only had 30mins (ot) as she wouldn't drop of to sleep in the pram for ages.

Wu 7.40
S 11.00 - 11.30 (40 mins of crying trying to extend with shhpat and pupd. Pupd quieten her but she wouldn't drop back off at all. Gave up after 50mins)
E 12.20
A
S 14.45 - 15.15 (had been fighting sleep since about 2pm)
A was still out in pram
E 16.30
A
Bt 6.30 with feed

She slept 6.40 - 5.50, feed and then slept 6.20 - 7.20

Will post today's later
Thanks xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2016, 11:06:59 am »
So yesterday was:

Wu 7.15
E
A
S 10.30 - 11.55
E
A
S 14.50 - 15.15 (in car on way back from a class, had hoped to make it home for three to get her in her cot but she fell asleep so drove around as she doesn't transfer from car to house)
Bt 6.50. (Tried to get her to bed for 6.30 but she took ages to settle)

Tried to get her to go back to sleep in pram walk later for quick catnap but just wasn't having it. Really doesn't want to sleep more than twice a day now.

Night was roughly  6.50 - 5.50, feed, 6.20 - 7.45. Seemed to maybe be making up for the lack of afternoon sleep?

As she is falling back asleep at 6.20am ish, I've been leaving her to sleep on as it seems strange to wake her again at 7am like I used to.
Do you think I should wake her even if it is only the 40mons later to keep wu consistent?

Thanks xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2016, 19:23:24 pm »
Yep, I think she's way past 3 naps now. You might have to shoot for EBT on the days the second nap isn't as good as it can be.

So this first nap was OK yesterday wasn't it? I've never been able to transfer DD from car to cot either! I want to keep an eye on that second A for the next few days and see if a pattern emerges. They can start to show a preference for staggered A times at this age just to confuse us more  ;).

I personally used to wake at a set time every day, but looking back I wish I hadn't been so regimented. They do need a chance to self-regulate and I think that's what's going on with your LO atm and she's catching up from lost sleep during the day. It's great really, I'd make the most of it while you can! All in all she seems to be getting a good amount of sleep in 24, which is much better than it was xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2016, 20:18:08 pm »
Today was

Wu 7.40
E
A
S 10.50 - 11.55 (a bit shorter at 1hr 5mins but the A was shorter at 3.10 but she was getting a bit upset with what I thought was tired)
E 12.00
A
S 15.20 - 15.50 (put her down at 14.50 but she just chatted / rolled around in her cot until 15.20)
Bt 19.00

If I'm honest I don't know when to put her down in the afternoon due to the lack of tired signs. It's always just a guess. What might a staggered A look like? I wondered if a set afternoon nap time might help?

Yes you are right that she is getting a decent amount of sleep over 24hours - thankfully!

Ps. How jealous are we of mummy's who have babies that transfer from car to cot  ;D

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2016, 17:58:04 pm »
So jealous!!!!  ;)

Ok, so that's still good to know we need to keep the longer first A. No worries, always good to double check.

I'm thinking UT for that second nap wdyt? I might bring it all the way up to 3hrs 20/25mins considering she's faffing so much. Staggered A times can be anything really at this age my DD was doing:

Wu 6.30
A 4hrs 15mins
Nap 1 10.45-12.15
A 3.5 hrs to get an UT nap
Nap 2 3.45-4.30
A 2.5hrs
BT 7pm

Not saying yours needs this, but at least you can see what a staggered A time looks like and did for mine. However, you've got room in your day to stretch it a little, so we don't have to cap a nap just yet, just push the A times a little to find what suits xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2016, 20:31:47 pm »
Today was an interesting day  :o

Wu 7.30
A
S 10.45 - 12.30 (!!!!!! - I can't tell you the last time she napped like that!!!)
E 12.30
A
S 15.35 - 16.15 (40 mins but was ok as didn't want to have to push bedtime back)
Bt 7.15

Nap 2 - I wasn't sure if she was ready for a nap as she wasn't that fussy but didn't want bedtime messed up.

The only difference this morning to get that nap was that I went out for an hour between 9.15-10.15 to do a food shop. Not sure if this would have tired her out more? Who knows but I'm celebrating a big nap!  :)

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2016, 14:18:03 pm »
Celebrating with you :D

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2016, 07:14:18 am »
Sorry for the late reply, things have been absolutely crazy here. Loving that longer nap, woo hoo! How's things going now? Any joy with that second nap? Xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2016, 13:44:14 pm »
Hiya!  :)

Nope no joy with that 2nd nap at all.

I did get a 2 hour morning nap the other day!! but the last two days on 3hrs 15mins morning a time I've had 35mins. I don't get how they can be so different? Babies eh?
It's such a shame though as when I don't get a decent morning nap, the rest of the days sleep goes to ruin.

Last few days:

Wu:6.50
S 10.05 - 11.55
E 12
A
S 16.00 - 16.30 (in car. It was 4hours awake but she was so happy during those 4hours so maybe she could do 4hrs after a big sleep?
Bt 19.00

Yesterday:
Wu: 6.40
S 9.55 - 10.30
A
E 12.00
A
S 13.30 - 14.00
A
E 15.00
A
S 16.30 - 17.00
Bt 19.30

Wu this morning at 5.50 and wouldn't go back down 😴😴😴

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2016, 10:22:36 am »
Got another 35min nap this morning - I don't know what that is - ot or UT?
She is so frustrating  :o

Do you think if I extend her first morning a she might morning wake a little later?
Just trial and error maybe? could all be connected with the 35mins and the 5.30 wu that I can't get her back to sleep!

Offline trimbler

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2016, 19:55:28 pm »
It's possible that extending the first morning A might help her wake a little later eventually, if it results in a consistently longer nap. Sorry I haven't looked back properly, but do you think she was extra tired that morning when she napped 2h off a 3h 15min A time? When well rested, she may need longer? Or do you think it was more likely an OT 35mins? Did you try to resettle afterwards? Did she seem happy and well rested when she got up from that? I know it can be hard to tell! Many people find that OT naps are easier to deal with, since they tend to be easier to resettle from, compared to an UT nap. Alternatively it may be that you need some sort of outing to  get her to nap well, I remember my DS was like that around this age - bit tiring sometimes but I ended up just making sure we got out, even just for a short walk, during every A time, so that he'd nap well.

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2016, 20:39:19 pm »
The 2hr morning nap was no different to any other day in terms of her tiredness. Just now at 3hrs 15mins morning a I am back to getting 1hr 10mins to 1hr 20mins naps. I think the 35mins might have been over tired. I've been careful to get her down for 3hr 15mins.

I managed to get one afternoon nap last week of 1hr 10mins!!! It was after an a time of 3hrs 25mins as you suggested. I was so pleased!! She is such a happy baby when she sleeps enough. However it's never worked again and I'm back to 30mins in the afternoon.
as she gives no tired signs, I feel like giving up and just accepting that the afternoon will be 30mins!!  ::)

Offline trimbler

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2016, 21:17:14 pm »
Perhaps the optimum A time before the pm nap depends on how long the morning nap was - ie with a longer morning nap she needs a longer A time, but if it was a short morning nap, she may need the following A time shortened to avoid OT.

Have you tried lengthening those short naps at all? Eg trying to resettle when she wakes, or doing 'wake to sleep'? How do I address habitual wakings? (wake-to-sleep and other methods)

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2016, 07:39:49 am »
Sorry for delayed reply. Been a busy week here!

I do try and extend the 30mins except if I'm in the car 😂
I've had a few more decent afternoon naps. I think if I'm in, she'll sleep better and it's around the 3hrs 40mins a mark if she's had a decent morning nap.

On the plus side, last night she slept 7.20pm - 6.55am this morning

Offline trimbler

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2016, 21:12:44 pm »
Sorry for my delayed reply - busy week for me too ;)

Yay for the great night :D :D

How have things been since?

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2016, 12:01:30 pm »
Hey!
The nights are pretty good. Usually 6.30-7 to about 6. It was 5.40 this morning and I fed her and she slept til 7.15am. If it's before 6am, I've been feeding and if it's after 6am, I've been getting up and starting the day. It does mean that wu isn't consistent though.

She's taken a stretch in A times. 3.5hours A in the morning and getting about about 1hr 20mins nap. I'm finding it hard to fit in a decent afternoon nap as she is really alert - like I don't have time to fit it in before bed. I know I could cap the first nap but I'm a bit scared to as her afternoon nap isn't consistent and if I'm out, i know she won't do an extended nap.

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2016, 12:05:16 pm »
She's a bit fussy going to bed just now.
I usually do a 3hr A time to bedtime.
Kellyjs had previously said her baby did a big sleep in the morning and a UT nap in the afternoon to fit it in before bed time. It might be how it needs to be? Xx

Offline trimbler

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2016, 19:22:43 pm »
So glad to hear things are going better these days :) Yes it may be that with your family routine you need to do a UT pm nap, possibly APOP if she struggles to do that, it sounds like you know what she needs/prefers sleep wise, so go with those mummy instincts ;)

Feel free to post your routine etc again if you want to put heads together for tweaking, perhaps start a new thread if the issues have changed from the subject line of this thread (as it seems they may), but for now if things are working, then enjoy :D