Author Topic: Happy singing Emw for a 7 month old  (Read 6986 times)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Happy singing Emw for a 7 month old
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 19:35:40 pm »
I'm so sorry, I thought I had replied back to you  :-[. Mustve lost it.

How's it going now? Are the naps any better? Fancy posting what yesterday looked like for me so we can reassess? xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 21:52:01 pm »
No problem.

Yesterday looked like:

(During the night feed 2am, feed 6.10am and wouldn't go back to sleep)
Wu 6.10
S 9.05 - 9.35(in car as I was going to toddlers)
A
E 11.15
A
S 12.05 - 13.15 (1hr 10mins)
E 13.15 - 13.20
A
S 16.20 - 16.40 (tried to get a wee sleep in as wasn't going to make bt but only did 20mins and woke up screaming)
Bt 18.45

Nw 12am (crying but settled), 4.20am (checked on her and then left her for 20mins to see if would settle but ended up feeding)

Today:

Wu 7am
E 7.10, solids 8.30
A
S 10.25 - 10.55 (30mins and oh couldn't get her back to sleep)
E  12.00
A
S 13.15 - 14.35 (woken and tried to feed and she fell asleep again on me until 15.15)
E solids 5pm
Bt 6.45

I don't think it's much better. I have however worked out if she does a 30min nap, that an a time of 2hrs 20mins is then giving a better nap of over 1hr. It's just always such a struggle to get to bedtime without overtiredness.

What do you think about the back arching and shhh patt not working during the night? xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 07:31:24 am »
Ahhh i'm jinxed, just lost my reply to you again  ::)

I wonder if she finds the ssh/pat too stimulating at night as she's trying to resettle? My DD used to do this when she was getting fed up of me, looking back. Perhaps you could modify it slightly and not pat but just pur your hand on her shoulder and back? Is she crying when you're trying the ss/pat or is she just playing around?

It's great you've find an A time what gives you a longer nap after a shorter one. I'd be mindful of stretching it too far.. I wonder if that 2.5hrs A yesterday was an OT nap.. some bubbas do those when it's 1hr 10mins so i'd keep an eye on that. Today's one seemed a bit better.

So the 30mins nap has just started since you upped the A time from 3hrs to 3hrs 15mins? Have you tried going back tot the 3hrs for just a day and see if that gets a better nap in (i'm ignoring the yesterday one that you had in the car as that might not be reflective of what she can do) xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 13:52:24 pm »
Yeah the car isn't representative of a thing as she normally only does 30-40mins in there.

Today oh did 3.15 a this morning as I was napping and he went with that time. got a 30mins nap. I'll try 3hrs tomorrow morning and let you know how it was.

Just put her down at 2hrs 20mins A after her 30mins nap and only got 40mins nap. Tried resettling her for half an hour and she wouldn't go back to sleep.

Feel like I can't win just now 😢😢 she doesn't really do tired signs or when she does I reckon they are overtired signs. Is that common?

During the night she moans and groans and has a cough type cry. I know Tracey said coughing crying is linked to hunger but I'm pretty sure it's not hungry until about 4am when she's been sleeping for 9hours or so.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 19:43:28 pm »
Totally common not to have tired signs at this age, or more confusingly to give them at random times just to confuse us!

Ok, so good to know that the better time for her after a short nap is 2.5hrs A, let's go back to that then. How did it go with the first nap today?

Unfortunately we can't win hun. It's just the way it is. As soon as we get it right they want to up their A tikes again, it's a constant tweak. If it makes you feel any better ina matter of months she'll be on one nap and it gets so much easier from then, I promise xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 20:39:04 pm »
One nap sounds great!  ;D

This morning I got her down for 3hrs 5mins by the time she fell asleep and she slept for 1hr 15mins. Yay! You think I should take it back to 3hrs and see if it extends? Much improved anyway!! X

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 19:22:09 pm »
No i'd keep it as is 3hr 5mins!! Hooray  ;D xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 10:47:54 am »
Yesterday I stayed in as I didn't have any plans. I got:

Wu 7.15am
S 10.18 - 11.30
E 12.00
A
S 14.35 - 15.55
Bt 7.10

Yay! guess it shows that if I stay in she will sleep!
However this morning I only got 40mins from 3hrs 5mins. Just to keep me on my toes  ;D

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 19:22:41 pm »
Grrr... I still reckon we're close!  I'd keep with it tomorrow, then we could look at extending very slightly again if it happens again xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 12:30:47 pm »
40mins again and I couldn't get her back to sleep so tried to feed her to carry on with routine and she fell asleep feeding.
Think I need to up the a to get her over the 40mins hump?
Xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2016, 15:45:09 pm »
I think we might have to now! Fancy adding on just another 10mins and see where that gets us? I don't want to push too much as I think that's where we went wrong last time xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 05:46:51 am »
Hey,

The first nap at an a of around 3hrs 15mins gave me 1.5hours nap but then yesterday gave me 40mins. It makes no sense! X

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2016, 07:42:00 am »
Argh, that little one!  ;). Was anything different liek the level of activity or stimulation? Keep at 3hrs 15mins for a few more days ok? I don't want to increase it again just yet xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 05:49:31 am »
No I don't think anything was different in the morning. We've got a pretty standard routine in the morning of bf, blw breakfast which takes ages, jumperoo whilst I tidy up, dressed then quiet play then nap.

I didn't see your post so the next day I went to 3hrs 20mins and got 1hr 15 mins? I was at a weigh in clinic yesterday morning so it ruined the am nap.

What I have noticed just now is that it currently doesn't matter to her night sleep whether she has 1.5  - 2.5 hours naps as she is sleeping 7pm - 5am. I'm struggling with what to do at 5am as she is chatting away and if I leave her it eventually goes to a cry but as soon as I'm there to comfort her it goes back to happy chats or at least moaning so I can't really use shhhh patt or pupd. I do end up feeding her as it gets her back to sleep and hasn't fed for 10hours so could well be hungry. I feel like though I may be creating a 5am habit? Xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2016, 07:09:29 am »
I would go with the 5am feeding atm if it gets her back off to sleep. What the A time to BT currently? That being too long can mean EMW.

In any case 3hrs 20mins obviously got you a longer nap yay! COuld you post what yesterday and today looked like for me and we'll take another look xx