Author Topic: Is my lo getting too many naps and not enough A time?  (Read 1772 times)

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Is my lo getting too many naps and not enough A time?
« on: January 26, 2016, 13:39:15 pm »
Hi my lo is 14 weeks old.  Currently she has an A time of about 1hr 10- 1hr 20.  Her EAS is:

Wu 7am
E7.15
S 8.20 - 10.20

E 10.30
S 11.45 - 1.15

E 1.30
S 2.30 - 4.30

Bedtime 6pm.

Generally sleeps until about 12am and then wakes every couple of hours and has on nf around 3am.

Is she getting to much day time sleep? It usually does depend on when she wakes in the morning but she generally has 3 naps a day of 1hr 30 to 2 hrs.  She used to sleep through a lot but now wakes more.  She I cap the naps and just try 2 1hr 30 naps and a cat nap?

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
Re: Is my lo getting too many naps and not enough A time?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 17:11:32 pm »
If it were me, I would just cap the last nap of the day and make it a shorter catnap. Then as she gets older and her awake time lengthens, the other two naps will be pushed out and the catnap will disappear as it will not be needed to make it from the second nap to bedtime. Ideally, you do want those other naps to be long so if you shorten them they will not be as restorative as they could be and if she is taking 2 hour naps generally I would want to give her the opportunity to continue having 2 solid, two hour naps and then maybe only an hour or less nap at the end of the day.

Have you read through the EASY sample routines?
chronological EASY samples, 4-6 months

You may find that to be helpful. Also, if you think she is waking for other reasons then you may not need to adjust the daytime schedule, but she is getting to an age where that may be a problem. 4 months is a weird developmental stage and usually coincides with a growth spurt. Those can cause night waking more often, too.

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 09:21:31 am »
Thanks.  I'm not sure if she's going through the 4 month regression now as she has been waking a lot through the night.  I think I'll try the catnap today and see how she is tonight.  I remember her sister got the same at this age and we ended up with nw all night for about 2 months so I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time 😕

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 01:32:26 am »
Mine did similar around this age. With my oldest, I was able to get her back on track easily but with my middle and now the youngest, reflux and other things led the waking at night to become habit for comfort and feeding.