Author Topic: Waking up at 4-6 am for a feed...when would you start the day?  (Read 820 times)

Offline AshleyMegan

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Waking up at 4-6 am for a feed...when would you start the day?
« on: January 26, 2016, 14:21:11 pm »
My 10 week old sometimes wakes at 4am for a feed, sometimes 5, sometimes 6.
Would you still follow the EASY schedule and wake her and feed at 7, even though she just ate not long ago?  She is formula fed.  Thanks

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: Waking up at 4-6 am for a feed...when would you start the day?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 15:25:13 pm »
Hi and welcome to BW forums :)

Tbh at this age, do what fits best with your family and what you're most comfortable with. Personally, I liked to fix the start of the day to within half an hour of our preferred WU time, so if you'd like to keep WU around 7am, you could accept any WU after 6:30am as the start of the day, but wake her by 7:30am at the latest if she's still asleep then. So for example if she wakes at 6am for a feed and drops off again by 6:30 then I'd let her sleep until 7:30am, if she stays asleep that long, and shift the rest of the day accordingly. I'd probably also make up less formula for a 6am feed (I used to bf from one side only for this sort of thing) and then give her the rest at 7:30am. Does that sound like a plan?

Of course, if you don't mind getting up at different times every day you don't absolutely have to fix the WU, but I think many of us do find it beneficial to keep within a set range. Hope that helps?

Offline AshleyMegan

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 18:14:02 pm »
Hello,
That sounds like a great plan!  Thank you so much :)

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 21:35:38 pm »
You're welcome :)