Author Topic: Waking after first sleep cycle 5 months  (Read 4197 times)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Waking after first sleep cycle 5 months
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2016, 06:48:38 am »
I've just thought also she slept out and about better in a coffee shop ad I thought the coffee machine was very loud nd would wake her!!

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2016, 10:16:55 am »
Think about how loud your heartbeat would be when she's inside your womb, maybe compare with hearing a heartbeat if you've your head on someone's chest - they're used to noise, not complete silence! Totally worth trying white noise :)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2016, 17:51:28 pm »
Ok, now we're in trouble. Oh is a sound engineer so in true fashion is complicating the whole white noise scenario!!  He's set something up and is fretting about the decibels!  I had to ask of it was only was that quiet!!! Lol
He said any higher is unsafe.... I must be stone deaf! Baby didn't hear it either I don't think. I said why don't we just buy a white noise machine!!! Went down like a lead balloon  ??? Oopsy

Offline becj86

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2016, 21:29:32 pm »
LOL! Obviously it doesn't need to be super load but enough to drown out/disguise/muffle the other noises is actually the point, yk? Get him to put his head (and ears) under water and listen - that's a similar experience to the womb, I imagine though he'd have to imagine hearing a heartbeat through it.

Why does he think any higher is unsafe? If its quieter than a voice speaking, for instance, does he think you shouldn't speak to LO lest you damage his hearing?

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2016, 21:49:52 pm »
He's been googling! Says over 50 decibels is unsafe!
Our bedroom with a small river running behind the house and through double glazed windows was registering at 64!!
How does that work?
I'll give it another go tomorrow  ;)
On a positive note, this mornings nap took very little if any intervention from me, apart from lying next to her, I didn't hold her in any way and she didn't have her dummy or suck her thumb. Oh noisily got out of bed (he isn't lazy, he works late), clanged in his bedside drawer, used his inhalers, then was equally as noisy in the bathroom!! She slept through it all for 2 hours!
I left oh in charge over lunchtime as I had a meeting with my boss re returning to work  :'(
When I got home she was happy, buy had only had a cat nap of about 30 mins, oh had left her to resettle for a while but she was playing in her cot so he brought her down. I don't mind this too much as we normally go out in the afternoon and nap longer later.
She then had an hour before teatime. Bedtime was really easy again. Not a whimper, 10 mins fidgeting and she was out  ;)
I said to a friend, I don't mind helping the naps to protect bedtime and overnight. But I am hoping to resolve it somehow at some point as she will need to improve when she goes to daycare when I go back to work. She will be 10 months old then and I'm hoping we have cracked it by then lol.

Offline becj86

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2016, 00:04:12 am »
You've plenty of time before daycare and its something that is variable anyway that you can do as much to prepare and it can go well or backfire. Some LOs don't sleep well at daycare due to overstimulation, some sleep better there than at home because they're set up and every other kid is sleeping too - positive peer pressure ;)

Just maybe take DB measurements while he gets ready ;) Good luck with the white noise conversation :)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2016, 19:33:06 pm »
I'm hoping for some peer pressure lol. I tried the white noise today, set at the right volume now!! Apparently yesterday the speaker had turned off which is why I couldn't hear anything lol  ???
Anyway, it didn't help her one bit, she did her usual good morning nap with me, without the noise, but still cat napped at lunchtime, and then an ok nap before tea. It feels like this is her routine at the min and if she's happy then maybe I just carry on and try again when she's a bit older??!! I wouldn't be doing much when she was asleep anyway as I do most things when she's awake so she can watch me and hubby is also great around the house. She does go to bed by 7 so I have my evenings  ;)
If it means she feels happier when she's awake then I'll carry on.

Offline becj86

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2016, 23:28:20 pm »
Yep, if that is her normal natural routine, run with it. She is getting a good amount of sleep and is having at least one restorative nap in a day which makes a big difference.

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2016, 11:17:21 am »
Quick morning update before she wakes up lol.
Woke at 7 after asleep by 7:15 Last night.
Nap prep 9:20, story in our bedroom with white noise on.
Lay down not touching me at all. No intervention from me at all today, just lay on the bed. She has now been asleep for an hour and 45 mins, when she has stirred it was gentle and not the normal eyes wide and arms and legs flapping. Feeling good right now.  :)

Offline becj86

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2016, 05:53:06 am »
Awesome update :)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2016, 09:27:15 am »
Ye the day went well, swimming always makes her happy but she was a cranky monkey at bedtime,  took her a good 20 mins of whinging to settle. But slept til 6:45 this morning and having nap now x

Offline becj86

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2016, 19:51:48 pm »
Fingers crossed for another good day :)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2016, 20:24:46 pm »
Thanks,
I sneaked a cat nap in before baby massage, no meltdown and an hours nap, albeit with me still, before tea. Good bedtime tonight, no tears  ;)