Author Topic: I need a plan!  (Read 1777 times)

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: I need a plan!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 20:49:02 pm »
So glad you managed to catch him up in the sling :) When we had preschool runs for DS we used to walk, the round trip would take me around an hour so DD would get a good nap in the sling and continue for a while after we got home - I never managed to get anything done with her in the sling though, not without waking her up, so I'd kind of sway and type away on here or on fb :P We then made a habit of lunch in the park after morning preschool, so again DD would sleep there and DS would get lots of running around time whilst she slept!

I really think your system is working for you, so keep at it until/unless it becomes a problem. By all means keep working on those hammock naps, try to be as regular as you can with them so that he gets a chance to learn, and if you can gradually 'help' him a bit less that will make things easier for you in the long run. If you do have a few days with DH (or someone else) around to take care of DS1, you could have a serious attempt at ST at that time - I waited until my DH had a week off work when DD was 4.5mo, it was a good age for us actually.

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 21:03:06 pm »
Yep, I think I'll carry on as we are for now. Since Saturday we've had such lovely long napsand our routine feels a lot better. I realised today that he'd only cried once!

I'm a much happier mum when naps go well and my big horse is enjoying some serious pampering with all the time we're spending at the yard   ;D
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 20:43:45 pm »
Brilliant :)