Author Topic: Need help with routine and naps, 15mo  (Read 1114 times)

Offline hayleystar

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 29, 2016, 02:13:58 am »
I need some advice, I am struggling with my DDs sleep.  She has been on one nap since 12 months old.  We changed to one nap early as she never really got the hang of two naps, doing 30 minute naps and night waking. After changing to one nap the night waking  stopped and her nap improved, sometimes she would sleep 1.5 - 2 hours, (heaven after months of 30 minute naps). However, she started waking after an hour, 30 minutes, 45 minutes etc and I couldn't resettle her except to put her in the pram. After 10 minutes of rocking she would fall back asleep and sleep another hour or more! So this is what we have done for the last 3 months for naps. However now we have started to run into problems, I think her routine needs a tweak and the pram no longer resettles her.
Example of routine
5.30 (used to be 6.30) wake up, I try resettle until 6 but she never returns to sleep. Twice I have      given her a breastfeed at this time and pug her back in the cot and she resettles qyickly until 7
12.00 nap (used to be 2 hours but now I'm lucky to get one)
6/6.30 bedtime, she goes straight to sleep and sleeps through.

I know that if she wakes at 5.30 then by 12she is overtired . But if I put her down earlier and she only sleeps an hour she is super grumpy all afternoon.  So I guess I'm after so suggestions on extending her nap (without using the pram) and getting her to wake up later (maybe a later bedtime??)
Thank you in advance!

Offline hayleystar

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Need help with routine and naps, 15mo
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 00:48:44 am »
So I have been giving her a breastfeed at 5.30am and putting her straight back down, she goes right back to sleep until just before 7

But now she is taking 45 minute naps!!!!!
She wakes screaming, clearly tired.  Today I did walk in walk out for an hour and she screamed the whole time. So got her up only for her to be super tired and grumpy.

Why won't my child nap? I'm feeling so frustrated, I have two older children who are getting no attention because the baby is constantly grumpy. Im starting to feel like the only option is to leave her to it.
Should I try two naps again? She hasn't had two naps for 3 months now