Author Topic: 4 kids/ bed sharing advice please.  (Read 1106 times)

Offline 4 under 5

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 07, 2016, 22:16:36 pm »
Hi

Looking for some advice please. Currently my 7 year old dd and her 4 year old sister share a double bed. They are happy together. My eldest is good and can comfort her little sister in the night when needed.

My 6 year old son has a small room he sleeps by himself.
My 7 & 4 year old girls share another room.

My 2 year old has been in my bed since she was born. She's always breastfed to sleep (bad habit I know) but we are good and the journey is going to end soon. She's got 1 tooth still to get.

Anyway, my 2 year old tries to run and get into the bed with her older two sisters when I'm tucking them in to bed for the night. She cries then I take her back to my room and she's fine after a minute.

I'm unsure whats the best sleeping arrangement for her. Not sure I'm I'm ready to say good bye to her lol.

1st idea: I could put her in with her brother but she loves my arms during the night and there's 2 single beds in his room so she may wake looking for me &my arms to rub) lol

2nd I could put her in the room with her two sisters but they play for a good 1/4 hour to 40 minutes before they drop off and I'm afraid my youngest would get over tired.

I'm afraid if I move my eldest who's 7 in with her brother and let youngest two share, that they may wake each other during the night. Sometimes my 4 year old can be scared but my 7 year old comforts her.

Sorry hope I've explained this ok.

I'm unsure whats the best thing to do? :-) appreciate any advice.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 23:20:38 pm by 4 under 5 »

Offline 4 under 5

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 07:48:26 am »
Anyone please?

Offline Mama2boys

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 247
Re: 4 kids/ bed sharing advice please.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 09:56:08 am »
i would move the baby in with your son. that way there is least change for most of the family vs moving the baby with your daughters in which case 3 people get to deal with change.
9 and 6, oh boy!

Offline 4 under 5

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 10:50:57 am »
Thanks I appreciate your reply.

So put my 2 year old in with my 6 year old? Only thing is there is only 2 single beds in that room. Not enough room for a double bed and I think she would have liked to be in a bed with someone for comfort. Unless I get her a new teddy or something she might like to take into bed with her...

Offline Mama2boys

• Showing Appreciation 247
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 11:02:34 am »
could you not move the 2 singles together? and also would that disrupt your son, if she wanted to hug him or hold onto him?

I have 2 kids and they share a room with 2 single beds, mainly because they both move a lot, but also because one is very huggy and cuddly and the other is not, so this avoids issues.
9 and 6, oh boy!

Offline 4 under 5

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 11:27:07 am »
That's a great suggestion but unfortunately the room layout is very small and one bed is built in so cannot be moved. If I moved one bed over It would be blocking the door.  :'(

I'm not sure what to do.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 13:11:05 pm by 4 under 5 »

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 14:09:26 pm »
Would all 3 girls fit in the double bed? And would they all 3 be okay with that?
Heidi

Offline 4 under 5

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 14:54:08 pm »
Thanks for your reply. Yes 3 would but I'd imagine they would play alot before they fall asleep and I'm afraid of my 2 year old getting over tired as she's recently dropped her daytime naps. 8am wake and 8pm bed now. Takes 2 minutes for her to fall asleep. I'd say if she was in with anyone else it will take her longer. Maybe I should hold it off for a while? Still so u sure :-) x

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 16:27:21 pm »
You could start bedtime a bit earlier to account for the extra time - but she may surprise you and fall asleep anyways if she has no nap.
Heidi

Offline 4 under 5

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 16:43:59 pm »
Thank you for your help and advice. It may be the best option for her. Going to miss her in my bed :'( dh I'm sure will be delighted  ;D