Author Topic: Very quickly over stimulated?  (Read 1387 times)

Offline beckycook1

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 02, 2016, 20:39:37 pm »
Hi

My 10 week old baby seems to become over stimulated very quickly. She cries after about 5 minutes in her bouncy chair or on her play mat. She has a kick and play mat that plays music when she kicks it and has some toys dangling down. She absolutely loves it for a few minutes and kicks and smiles and looks around and then gets really agitated and cries. She is the same with any kind of activity even if she has only been awake a short amount of time. Is this normal? Once she gets over stimulated she then is very difficult to get to stop crying!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Very quickly over stimulated?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 22:26:24 pm »
Have you tried reducing the number of toys hanging above the mat?  I think mine liked just 1 thing from his and we'd change them around now and then.  Mine also detested a bouncy chair, he was older than yours and I got it only because he was having trouble with reflux and I though being slightly elevated at times would help him, just like yours he'd smile for a minute and then scream murder to get out. I just stopped using it, tbh they are better off getting floor time anyway if there isn't a need for elevation.
Maybe try a plain blanket for her to lay on and watch the world or chat with you rather than the musical one.  Although it may be too much for her right now she may love it in a few months.

Offline 1stimer

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 01:52:23 am »
DD was very much the same (and still is today). I had all these cute things we got that I couldn't wait to use and I found that what was best was for her to just see and hear me talking to her...no background noise, no blinking toys etc. When she got older she adjusted to these things but I only offered a few at a time. I wouldonly have maybe 3 or 4 toys in the basket for her to choose from otherwise she would get frustrated/overstimulated and crabby.

[/url]

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 10:13:15 am »
My DDs were similar too when very little.

Popping them in a carrier was a good way to spend some awake time without them getting OS. 
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old