Author Topic: Need help improving 6 month olds sleep quality  (Read 800 times)

Offline albers30

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Need help improving 6 month olds sleep quality
« on: February 03, 2016, 00:30:50 am »
Here is our current schedule, although its a loose schedule as I have 3 year old twins too so there's a lot of uncontrollable variables in a day.

Wake between 7-30
Activity
Eat
Activity
Asleep for 1st nap around 10 (this varies give or take 30 minutes or so depending on the twins activities) Wakes from nap anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 1/2 hours later
Activity
Eat
Asleep for 2nd nap around 1 unless she took a long morning nap then it might be a little later, wakes from nap 1-3 hours later, generally its a 2-3 hour nap
Activity
Eat
Activity
Cat nap between 5 and 5 30 depending on when she wakes from 2nd nap, can skip cat nap depending on other variables in the day.
Start bedtime at 7, generally asleep at 730, if cat nap can sometimes be 8

So daytime sleep isn't too bad although occasionally she has days when she just won't nap, not sure how to handle this and try and get her the sleep she needs. Thoughts?

Second question.  She has been waking at 1230-1 am for a feed then 430-5 am just for cuddles usually she settles easy with a bottle at the first waking and coming to bed with me at the second or another bottle but she started to be more difficult to settle at these times and I'm getting the feeling they are more habit then feeding necessity (She's 90th% height and weight).  How do I help her over come these night wakings and give up that feed.  I feel like she should be getting a longer stretch of sleep at this point.  She generally gets put down drowsy and pat/shush to sleep but she's started to fight sleep more and isn't so easily settled as she used to be.  How can I help my little girl sleep better?

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Need help improving 6 month olds sleep quality
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 19:51:58 pm »
Shall I lock this thread so you can keep it with your other one hun? xx

continued here Re: Night waking/feeding question
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 19:47:35 pm by Kellyjs »