Author Topic: Should I be waking my 4 month old?  (Read 5813 times)

Offline H7

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: February 11, 2016, 09:27:49 am »
My 4 1/2 month old goes to bed between 6.30 and 7.15 and for the last 5 nights has been sleeping 12 to 13hrs at night. On 3 of the mornings I have woken her at 7.15 and have been waking her at 7.15 for quite a few weeks if she is still asleep at that time although she more often than not wakes naturally somewhere between 6.45 and 7.15.

Friends and family keep telling me that it is wrong to wake her and I should let her sleep till she wakes up but if I do that it takes us out of our routine and she won't fit her 4 bottles in before bed or will she because a later wake up will mean a later bed time?

Am I wrong to wake her? Should I leave her sleeping? Also worry sometimes that that is a long time for her to go with out a feed as last night into this morning she went 14 hrs between feeds!

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Should I be waking my 4 month old?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 02:21:54 am »
I think of as long as she is taking good feeds during the day and it isn't affecting her growth then I wouldn't worry about her not taking a NF.

Similarly if waking her doesn't cause her to be grumpy then establishing a good WU/routine is perfectly fine too :). Obviously what you are doing is working well so if you feel comfortable waking her to get her routine off to the right start then I'd say stick with it :)