Author Topic: How much to shorten naps by?  (Read 868 times)

Offline Keep Smiling!

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 05, 2016, 15:07:19 pm »
My DD is almost 10 months and over the past week or so has started refusing her pm nap. She normally wakes between 7am-7.30am and goes down for her first nap about 10.30am. She normally falls asleep quickly at this time although sometimes I think she could handle a longer A time here. I then wake her at 11.30am. I normally try to put her down about 2.30pm and I used to wake her at 4pm so she's ready for bed about 7/7.30pm. However it's now getting closer to 3pm before she finally goes asleep and I wake her at 4pm.

Should I be capping her naps? How much day sleep should she be having? Is it better to cap her am or pm one?

Her night sleep is hit and miss. We're just getting over illness and it was awful but last night she slept from 8pm-7.15am with one wake up for dummy. I would say she's normally up a couple of times for her dummy but rarely awake a long time in the night. I want to keep 2 naps for as long as I can however she is starting nursery soon so I know it will get messy then!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: How much to shorten naps by?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 17:15:13 pm »
Hello,

Here are links to average A times for you and average sleep needs

Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!

Typical Amounts of Day and Night Sleep

Personally we had a cat nap at the end of day and so I kept that first nap longer and capped the cat nap. You could extend that first A time a bit and let her sleep longer for the first nap then push the last nap back. Our catnap was about 4.30/5pm for half an hour just to get him till BT at around7.30/8pm (the bedtime tends to get later until the drop the 2nd nap) until he dropped the CN at around 12/13 months.

Some people keep that first nap short though so you could cap that by 15 mins and see i that helps?