Author Topic: E.A.E.S.Y a good idea or not???  (Read 1529 times)

Offline huber_mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 08, 2016, 07:44:07 am »
Hi There,
I'm new to the forum and just yesterday started trying to get my 3 month old into the EASY routine.
I am the classic example of accidental parenting.
My little boy (my first) has reflux and as a new mom I just threw all the rules out the window and just tried to comfort him when he was in pain. After every feed it was screaming for an hour and a half to two hours and it was heart breaking. I tried having him on a schedule which didn't work at the time and ended up taking someone's advice and demand feeding him.
This definitively helped the screaming, he started feeding small little meals more frequently as if to say, this is all my tummy can handle right now mommy.
Now we have him on medication that neutralizes the acid in his tummy so it doesn't burn when it pushes up.

He is now 3 months and still likes to feed smaller meals.
Yesterday I tried to feed him for 30 minutes before Activity time, but he would not have it. He fed 15 minutes and then before sleep time he wants to feed another 15 minutes.
Is this okay to do, or completely unacceptable?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: E.A.E.S.Y a good idea or not???
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 14:06:31 pm »
Hi and welcome to BW! Honestly bf info has changed a lot since the BW books were written but because Tracy passed away they have never been updated. Demand feeding and BW work nicely together as BW is about the routine of EAS rather than strict timings. My kids all had different feeding patterns and different structures to their EASY routine. I would say if what you are doing works for your lo and you then run with it - the only thing I might do differently is put a bit of A time (even just a diaper change- of course perhaps you are already doing this) before the S so you don't end up with a bf prop for sleep. But again, totally your call!
Heidi

Offline huber_mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 15:33:04 pm »
Thank you so much!
Thats such a relief to hear!
He used to feed to sleep, but no longer wants to, he's awake after and during feeds now.
It does help to relax him though.
Thank you for the advice!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: E.A.E.S.Y a good idea or not???
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 16:24:20 pm »
You're welcome...sounds like he is doing great!
Heidi