Author Topic: Is this what the 4 month sleep regression looks like?  (Read 811 times)

Offline alhumayani

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Is this what the 4 month sleep regression looks like?
« on: February 08, 2016, 23:46:25 pm »
LO is turning 5 m next week. He has been on 4h EASY and sleeping fine. He sometimes fussed when I put him to sleep but I could settle him down easily with a little reassurance. He usually got himself back to sleep when he woke up at night. He used to sleep at least 6 hour stretch. We don't have specific sleep routine, I usually take him inside, turn off the lights, change his nappy, play some white noise, and that's it.

Now, all of a sudden, he won't let me lay him down. He gets really frustrated when I try to calm him down when he is on his crib. And sometimes he won't even settle down easily even if I hold him or rock. He sometimes wakes up 45m after I put him for a nap, which is a thing O thought it wouldn't happen again after I trained him. 
 I don't know what's going on. Does this how sleep regression look like? I'm afraid if I kept settling him down on my arms I would reinforce a habit, which is the last thing I would ever want since I finally could train him to sleep %80 on his own.

I have been thinking of any thing happened and might disturb his sleep, but nothing happened.

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Is this what the 4 month sleep regression looks like?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 19:38:25 pm »
It could be a little like the 4mo SR but I wonder if it's sounding like he's a bit UT? Waking at 45mins could well be a need for an A time increase. Sometimes,however it is purely developmental and we just have to ride it out. Fancy posting what yesterday or today looked like for me in easy format and in real time? It'll help me get an understanding as to what's going on atm.

Hugs though, the 4mo was rough here too. That and the 18mo one  ;) xx