Author Topic: 2 month old starting EaSY with pacifier/ short naps  (Read 2178 times)

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: 2 month old starting EaSY with pacifier/ short naps
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 22:10:25 pm »
There will be ups and downs for sure, especially as your LO adjusts to a new routine.  Might I suggest you keep a log so you can see the improvements, even if they are small?  It can really help.

Offline SassyJs

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 07:47:30 am »
Yes i am keeping a log. The first few days it was EASY when she was week 5. Now it's all over the place even at night & bedtime. I am so tired & frustrated and APOP the last 3 naps to make her sleep even 20, 30 minutes.

1) Perhaps I should try EASY without the pacifier?

Comparing to DS who was on EASY routine and he was a textbook baby so he was EASY in a week. DD just keeps screaming when OT.

2) Should I just let her cry to let off steam but hold her?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:16:48 am by SassyJs »

Offline lauradj

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 19:15:55 pm »
Have you taken the Temperament quiz yet for your DD?  If she's spirited she'll require kid gloves to help her wind down for naps and bed time.
I don't think any of us answered your question regarding waking her from a nap.  I think at this point you should let her take a nice long nap if she wants it.  I would wake my boys by the 2.5hr mark but otherwise I just let them sleep.  They need so much rest at this young age, and it gives you a mental break as well.
Crying is ok, as long as she's not left alone.  Almost all babies cry because it's their only form of communication so it's not that you're aiming for absolutely no crying at all, just no CIO or CC.  She will cry when you change her routine but if you or DH is right there to love and support her, it will be a cry of frustration, rather than a cry from abandonment. 

Offline SassyJs

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2016, 23:00:43 pm »
With short naps, she OT in the evenings so I just comfort her, hold her when she cries as nothing goes even pacifier, rocking, swinging, etc. for a few hours.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 23:15:38 pm by SassyJs »

Offline lauradj

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2016, 23:23:25 pm »
If you're finding her particularly fussy in the evenings, that I'm afraid is simply a phase referred to both as the Witching Hour and Arsenic Hour.  Almost every child I've ever known has gone through it and also grows out of it around 3 months.  Basically they're brains are totally fried by the end of the day and they just can't take any more of anything.  They want to be held, the whole time, and nothing else will do.