Author Topic: Holiday has thrown everything out of the window...I don't know where to start...  (Read 1986 times)

Offline shinysarah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
We've not long been back from holiday and on holiday my 11 week LO was either falling asleep on me or in the buggy and rocked. TBH her sleeps(naps)  were not great and she'd started waking at 45 mins but because I was so busy before the holiday, she basically slept in the car or pram.  She was waking for 2 feeds during the night-I chose not to DF.
However, now everything is a mess.  On holiday she was going down at 9pm and sleeping through till 7am and on 3 hourly feeds during the day.  I've now reduced it to 8pm but either me or my husband have to get her to have the last sleep of 1.5 hours in the car?!?!? It's crazy!
Her catnap has always been hit and miss and has been a bit of drive, swing, held but that was ok for 45 mins!!
Do I switch her back to 7-7?! Does 7-8pm work? Do I work on her naps with shhhh pat first? I am aware that she'll start waking int he night now for feeds if I switch her back to 7-7 which I really don't want!!! I've got 2 DSs and they're on half term so it's all a little tricky as they have to be dropped off at clubs etc...I just feel lost with it all!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 17:41:11 pm by shinysarah »

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
I think at this age, I'd just start with 1.5hr A times, shush/pat for naps and be there ready to resettle if necessary. I'd aim for a 12hr day, she could be a bit OT from the 10hr nights and I think sleeping those long stretches, whilst nice for you, may not last. As I'm sure you know, being consistent is key, so work out what is manageable when the boys are at school and start as you mean to go on.

Offline shinysarah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Thank you...I don't think I'm getting her A times right at all tbh- she's either over or under tired as she's v difficult to read!!!!!! The naps completely stress me out!
Back to 12 he day it is then!

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
What are you working with at the moment A time wise? I'd imagine 1.5hr would be pretty nigh on right at this point, no?

Offline shinysarah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
I've been working to 1 hr & 10/15 mins.  This morning is the first time I've pushed her to 1 and 30 mins. I'm going to reduce her BT too but yes, the naps are where i'm starting as of today! She slept from 8.15-5.30 this morning, drank 130 mls and went off for another hourish.
I was at a total loss yesterday so thank you!