Author Topic: SIL sleepy baby  (Read 696 times)

Offline 1stimer

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
SIL sleepy baby
« on: February 11, 2016, 13:12:45 pm »
My nephew is 5 days old and my sil texted me last night at 930 saying that he had been asleep for over 3 hrs and should she wake him to feed. The other night he went for 7! (I'm lucky to get that many with my 2 older kids lol!). I told her I would wake him to feed him until he regains his birth weight...but then after I sent that I wasn'tssure where I heard that. He's bf and from the time I saw when he was only a few hours old he's a great nurser. Anyways I wasn't sure what advice to give or If I should follow it up with anything. He was 7 lbs when he was born. He was a week earlybut obviously tthat's not really early early and no complications. All of mine were ready atb2-3 hours at that young so 4 or more hours sounds like a long time at such a young age but I also know they will let us know when theyare hungry. At the hospital they ttell us to wake them to feed them but I wasn't sure how long that went for...

[/url]

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: SIL sleepy baby
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 13:22:09 pm »
I think the advice is to do that for the first couple of weeks. Need to feed overnight to establish supply, it's really important at the start.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline 1stimer

• Showing Appreciation 19
Re: SIL sleepy baby
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 13:26:20 pm »
Awesome thanks!!

[/url]