Author Topic: Awake in the crib for a long time!!  (Read 921 times)

Offline roseola

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 32
Awake in the crib for a long time!!
« on: February 11, 2016, 18:59:19 pm »
My DS2 is 15 months old, and in the middle of a WonderWeeks leap. After nap (he usually takes 1 nap 1h15 to 2+ hours)and in the morning (STTN but hard to say how long bc we don't know what time he's up). He is waking silently so we don't even know he's awake. Then he does not make one peep or fuss sometimes for about an hour. Sometimes I leave him to see if he will go back to sleep and other times I feel bad that he's alone in his crib in the dark so I take him out. But he seriously doesn't make one sound.

I'd love to hear what you guys would do!
Nini

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Awake in the crib for a long time!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 21:50:53 pm »
If that had been my DS I  would likely leave for a while on a 1hr 15 nap but with a 2hr+ nap I'd go to check and get him up right away rather than let him spend an additional hour in bed.  In the morning though - I'd totally leave him for the hour if he was happy!!! We had waaaay too long with early mornings so another hour would have been too tempting to resist!  As it was mine was probably happy for 20 mins I think.

Offline roseola

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 00:40:11 am »
Thanks Creations! That's pretty much what we do, I was just feeling guilty about leaving him in there.
Nini

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 13:11:31 pm »
I don't think you need to feel guilty, he'd call out for you if he wanted you. Maybe he just likes having a lie in and thinking about things?
I used to leave a book shoved between the cot bars and the mattress for my DS, he also had lights on a timer so he could wake up get his book and have a read for 20 mins (then his light went automatically off again) - I will do anything to get an extra 20 mins!! In my defence I didn't have a single lie in until he was 19 months old so of course I treasured 20 mins of quiet!  Funny boy, at 21 months he was mid-book and his light went off so he shouted "Mummy light on again!" in a rather demanding tone! ha!  He must have really meant business as it was the first time he'd ever said Mummy!
I think some kids just like to have time on their own, like adults do.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 13:19:51 pm »
^^^totally agree with creations. Although tbh I have sort of taught DD3 to do this unintentionally (she had a string of slightly ew and because I was getting ready for work I just flipped her light on sneakily - now we make sure she has a book or two but even so she will play in the dim light of her nightlight if she wakes).
Heidi