Author Topic: Help With Crap Naps!  (Read 1035 times)

Offline kristeno

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 13, 2016, 18:04:33 pm »
Can anyone help us with crap naps! When we started EASY a month ago, LO (5 mos now) was taking 1-2 hr naps. All of a sudden, her naps are about 30-40 min. We switched her to a 3 hr wake time now & it's been going great, but the crap naps creeped in about a week ago. Nothing else in her routine is different. What happened? Why does she keep waking up happy & talking to herself, refusing to go back to sleep?

EASY Routine:

E: 7 wake & eat
A: 730
S: 10-1030/40
E: 11
A: 1130
S: 130-2/230
E: 3
A: 330
E: 7 eat & bedtime routine
S: 730 bedtime

Dream Feed: 10ish
Wakes around 12ish, PU/PD - falls asleep between 1-4 lately
Wakes at 4 to eat

Offline Amycf

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Help With Crap Naps!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 00:19:16 am »
I wish I could help you! I am going through the same thing, except my lo is 6 months and PU/PD hasn't been working for us. I am receiving some good advice here though and I am sure someone will help you through this too! Just wants to tell you that you are not alone, and I know how much those crap naps suck! :P
Also, there is a big developmental leap at this age...maybe that is an issue? Your routine looks great!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 00:20:54 am by Amycf »

Offline kristeno

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 02:36:58 am »
I wish I could help you! I am going through the same thing, except my lo is 6 months and PU/PD hasn't been working for us. I am receiving some good advice here though and I am sure someone will help you through this too! Just wants to tell you that you are not alone, and I know how much those crap naps suck! :P
Also, there is a big developmental leap at this age...maybe that is an issue? Your routine looks great!
What helped us with the PU/PD was that my little is 'touchy', so we rubbed her back or touched her head ever so slightly and sang softly to her. The shushing & patting was way too much for her. So it made PU/PD a little easier.

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 19:00:20 pm »
Hi there ladies,
yes this might be a time for a developmental leap. For some it comes sooner, for some it's perfect 6mo.

It sounds to me like she is UT, she might need more time to play in the morning.
Is there a reason the first A time is 3h, the second is 2h 20 min and the last one 4,5h? I feel like if you try to spread it out more evenly the situation might improve.
You wanna try?

I would start with giving her more time to play in the morning, so put her down a little later. What do you think, can she do a nap at 10:20 ?

Offline kristeno

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 17:13:21 pm »
We can definitely try that! I guess my thought was that she goes to back go sleep about 3 hrs from waking up, but the problem is often that she only naps for a small amount of time. What you're saying is that the A time, alone should be 3 hrs? Not the awake time. It's not from the time she wakes up until the next nap, but after she eats, wait 3 hrs before nap?

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 20:22:15 pm »
You are absolutely correct honey. A time counts from waking up to closing their eyes.
What I meant was, that maybe you could try something like this:
7 WU
10.20-11.20 nap (hoping fr the better for now)
11.20-2.20 A
2.20-3.20 nap2
3.20-6.20 A
6:20 BT routine
7:00 Asleep

I know at that age pushing A time some more might be controversial here. And it might cause T, but this is where your intuition comes in. Can she do A time that long? WIll she fight BT 30 min early?
I feel like this way we can make the naps longer and the day will automatically fix itself, but maybe it's just my intuition:/
What are your thoughts?
Anybody has some other ideas?