Author Topic: Catnap and bedtime mess!  (Read 2114 times)

Offline labrodyk

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Catnap and bedtime mess!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 08:26:00 am »
This was our day today? What are your thoughts? I THINK I have that first A ok to be ASLEEP by 2hrs. I say that but tomorrow could be different again...

Wednesday 24/2
WU:
OOB: 6.50
E: 7.00
A:
S: 8.45; 8.50-11
^^ no crying.
E: 11.00
A:
S: 1.20-2.00 (car)
E: 3.00
A:
S: 3.50; 4.05-4.45
^^ no crying...
E:
A:
E:
S: 6.32; 7.18!!
^^ no crying, quiet for 20 minutes. Not sure if I stuffed this up using a sleep positioner to try and keep her on her back (and she got frustrated) or if she was UT or OT.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 20:39:52 pm »
Sorry you haven't had a response to your last few posts. Heidi hasn't been around much and we missed her request for someone to pick up where she left off.

I'd say the shorter A times seem to be helping with the settling to sleep without crying, no?

When my DD got OT she often had happy, longish NWs that sounded UT but we're really the opposite. Unable to relax due to the residual OT hormones I guess.

If your DD is doing a real, I-need-you cry rather than just mantra/fussing then we'd ways encourage you to attend to her rather than  leave her to cry alone. Sorry if I misunderstood your earlier post about this but it sounded like you were letting her cry it out? That can break the bond on trust and make LOs stressed and more needy.

How have the last few days been?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 23:05:29 pm »
Hi Ali!

That's ok, thank you for the continued support - I really appreciate it.

Yes, I think the shorter A times are helping. These are our last few days but I'm just still struggling with that catnap in the PM and unsure whether I should push her A even in the slightest. I'm aiming to have her asleep by 2hrs or just after for all sleeps and BT. She is waking after that first sleep cycle but has recently started resettling herself quietly so i'm unsure whether to leave her to it as she's going down with far less fuss as she used to (apart from the late PM nap) or push her A a tad?

I'm trying to get rid of that early morning feed mainly because she doesn't eat a THING when she has it, even when it was earlier like 1am. I have a feeling she might be cold at this time because once I added a blanket and patted her last night she did fall back to sleep. what are your thoughts on this? She sleeps through the whole night at my parent's house 2 nights a week so I can't quite pinpoint why she'd do that there and not at home - perhaps the portable cot is warmer/smaller than her cot at home? This is another reason why I'm trying not to feed her if I can help it.

Here are our last few days.
Saturday 27/2
WU: 7.00
E: 7.15
A:
E: solids
S: 8.50; 8.55 - before 10.30
E: 11.00 (180ml)
A:
A:
S: 12.35; 12.40-2.00. 2.20-3.00 (resettled herself quietly)
E: 3.00 (180ml)
A:
S: 4.55; absolutely detested being put dow. dozed for a while after protesting and slept 5.20-5.40.
A:
E: 6.55 (180ml)
BT: 7.15; 7.30
NW: 3.47-5.00. Mantra cry for a little while then I patted her for some time and then she lay quietly and fell back asleep by 5, I think.

Sunday 28/2
WU: 6.45
OOB: 7.00
E: 7.00 (120ml)
A:
S: 8.55; 9.00-9.42. 9.47-...

I am most definitely not leaving her to cry it out. She has an extremely loud 'yell' and mantra cry. If she's distressed and needs me I'm most definitely there by her side but most of the time she just has an amazing set of lungs  :)

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2016, 23:16:16 pm »
Maybe she sttn when away from home because she knows mummy isn't around? She probably does stir but resettles herself silently perhaps.
If she is still taking the CN, even after a little protest then I'd just keep at it for now. Their A times change so quickly at this age that in a coupe of weeks she may drop it and be able to handle the longer A times.

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 23:23:07 pm »
I sleep in the same room as her when we're there! lol.

yes she's not ready to drop it yet but it makes the evenings very late and stressful. I've tried APing it in the swing, carrier, car, pram, my arms with absolutely no luck...

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2016, 08:41:09 am »
Oh right. Maybe it is something environmentmental then.

I'd persist with the cot nap if other ways aren't helpful. It is only for another month I'd  say. Then if you can get 2x 2hr naps you could probably do 3x 2hr40 A times.