Author Topic: Night ween question  (Read 758 times)

Offline Anna Karin

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 13, 2016, 21:37:09 pm »
Hi ladies,

I'm getting ready to start the E.A.S.Y. schedule, and PU/PD with my 8 month old.  He will be transitioning from sleeping with me to his own bed.  He is accustomed to nursing 2-4x/night.  Do I night ween him at the same time as he transitions to his own bed and do PU/PD everytime he wakes up until morning?  Or do I nurse once in the night for a while? Or continue to nurse as he adjusts to his new bed, then night ween?

thanks for your input!

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 22:03:13 pm »
It's your decision, but with a decent feeding schedule during day and some solids introduced you can aim for anything between 0 to 2 NFs at that age I guess. You can either work on 4h intervals - so not to feed him until 4h mar let say from the previous feed, or push him with one longer break let's say til 2/3/4am and than feed every 3h. I would probably go cold turkey and  do it together with transitioning with max 1 feed at night but just follow your instincts and do what you think is the best for him.
~Marta

Offline Anna Karin

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 18:55:42 pm »
Thank you, that's helpful.  I think I'll start with one night feed until we feel we can eliminate that all together.