Author Topic: DH ready for cc with 8 mo old, mummy not so keen  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Antie66

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
DH ready for cc with 8 mo old, mummy not so keen
« on: February 14, 2016, 12:47:28 pm »
We've been on this forum a lot and things have improved (breaking boob / sleep association), but lo still wakes up at night (seeming less and less hungry) and won't fall back asleep for an hour, sometimes more. I still feed him when he does wake up, I have no problem with that. I don't expect a 7pm to 7am sleep either, but can't deal with him staying awake and crying when I leave the room and the (still) waking up at 5.30am  ... I have to get back to work in 3 weeks and something has to change. I feel he does not need the NF as he doesn't always drinks much, does not take a morning drink anymore and when offered boob during the day he does not take it unless it's related to naps (extending naps or getting him to sleep).

I posted this as a new post under NW rather than the general sleep issues where I've been before, as the naps during the days have generally improved (though we relapsed with illness and bottom teeth coming through).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 12:50:05 pm by Antie66 »

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
Re: DH ready for cc with 8 mo old, mummy not so keen
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 12:57:16 pm »
Hugs x

So how does he go to sleep now?  Independently?

Staying awake seems UT.  Can you post your routine?

Offline Antie66

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 16:05:00 pm »
He used to go to sleep independent for naps, but nursing to (near) sleep at night as part of the routine. Since he was ill (just over a week) I nursed him to sleep, we co-slept and he was on the boob as much as I could get him, as he hardly ate or drank anything. But even before illness he kept waking at night and would wake very early. Routine is EW (often before 6am), then 3.5 hrs A from getting up time. Nap for 1hr 20min followed by another 3.5 hrs activity time and ideally another 1 hr 20 nap. If he wakes early from naps (ie after 45 min), I extend naps by nursing back to sleep. He goes to bed between 6.30-7.30pm (never later regardless of when last nap ended, which normally is no later than 5pm).

Yesterday

WU 7.30*
S 11-12.30
S 3.30 - 5.15
BT 7.30
NW 10.30-11
NW 2.20-4
WU 6.15

*Exceptional late wake up, but this was after another broken night and co-sleeping from 5am onwards.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 16:27:52 pm by Antie66 »

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 08:40:54 am »
Ah lost my post. 

Basically I think you still have a prop issue going on and it's time to tackle
The feeding to sleep and when he wakes. He doesn't seem to know what to do when he comes into light cycles of sleep and instead of resettling he's waking and needs you to intervene.

At this age one night feed is fine but I'd be resettling anything before midnight without feeding and keep going until he's asleep. Same for settling to bed. There will be crying but you'll be there resettling and reassuring. We did it younger age and it was a tough week but after that it was grand and my LOs caught on quick. Is your DH up for resettling in the night and putting your LO to bed as often that is easier on LOs as they realise daddy's not providing milk.

What are your thoughts? 

Offline Antie66

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 11:39:25 am »
I would have to agree with you. He's back to waking from naps after 45 min again too, unless we are out on a walk and he's asleep in the pram. He has also been sleeping in my bed without waking up (or just stirring), while when he is in his cot he just keeps waking over and over again. It will be a toughy to crack it ... My lo is still quite snotty and coughy and I have a pretty bad cold still, so the timing isn't ideal from that perspctive. Might do another coule of nights of co-sleeping, as at the moment that is the only way I actually get sleep (even until 7.30am this morning!!)

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 09:54:01 am »
Yeah best everyone is a bit better as you'll need your energy for tackling this xx