Author Topic: Dry spots on the belly - 1yo  (Read 6970 times)

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Dry spots on the belly - 1yo
« on: January 27, 2016, 20:02:29 pm »
Hi All,
Past month I've been fighting these dry, rough spots on my DS skin, mostly sides of his belly. It's like this microscopic pimples that form a spot, it gets red then calms, and red again.
I went to our pediatritian and she said it's not cow's milk for sure, because DS had yogurt since he was 6months. She said it's probably not something specific, but most likely his digestive system not taking well the amount and quality of grown up food I'm giving him:( She suggested less meats and eggs. He drinks about 2oz of cow's milk to his #1 breakfast. I am really taking it as a slap to my face, because I thought I was doing everything so correctly - eliminating most FF until he is 1, giving him solids from 6 months, avoiding gluten until he is 7 months, cow's milk until he is 1yo. Now I'm rethinking the whole thing... Looking for things I did wrong and I'm bananas:(

My question to you is - Did you go through a similar thing? How long did it last?
What ointments have you tried?

We tried so far:
-Bathing in flax oil and potato starch
-Pharmacy made balm with urea and eucerin
-HIPP baby oil
-Dermaveel balm with natural oils and ectoin (I am not sure the english name:/)
NOTHING works

Now I bought sweet almond oil, It suppose to be good.

Do you have any ideas of what I can try:(?
I think he sufferes. it's itchy or burning I donnu but he doesnt want t be hugged:(

Offline larren

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Dry spots on the belly - 1yo
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 21:46:56 pm »
For us, Oatmeal baths worked wonders for calming irritated, dry skin. You can also try coconut oil after his bath to moisturize

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 22:31:16 pm »
Could it be his nappy rubbing and possibly not related to food??
If he is moving around more now his nappy may be sitting in a different place (I remember fit changing on mine between crawling, sitting, cruising, walking etc)

Offline Bella89

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 18:50:34 pm »
I will try oatmeal for sure! But do you cook them first?

About the nappy... That was my first thought to be honest as they appeared on both sides close to when nappy ends at his waist, but then they appeared close to his armpits and smaler ones at his elbows so the theory took me nowhere:/

Past week, I noticed that he has also these bumps, like nettle burns randomly on his legs, arms... I have to take him to the allergist. When I think about it it all started around Christmas and I think it was the time when I started giving him cow's milk:/ But on the other hand our ped said it's 100% not milk:( I haven't change laundry detergent, buy clothes mostly from 1 place (H&M because they are really good quality)

Another thing is.. could he aquire an allergy to something after few months of using it? I am strictly talking Pampers here.

Offline Bella89

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 20:39:55 pm »
This is a happy update :)

So I figured out what it was!! The red rash was a laundry detergent and dry spots were just dry spots :)
Around the waist are from nappies, you were right!! The ones in armpits and hands are just gone since I started intense moisturizing :)

Thank you!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 20:47:18 pm »
Great news!!!!