Author Topic: can i tweak 9 month wake up  (Read 603 times)

Offline amanda55

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
can i tweak 9 month wake up
« on: February 16, 2016, 10:30:54 am »
Hello,

My DS, 9 months (just) goes to sleep for the night around 6:45-7pm easily and is tired at this point, he does stir/wake in the night but puts himself back (can sometimes take a while) so we don't go into him.  His wake up varies in the morning between 6-7am more often nearer 6 (with a poo). 

Do you think I could tweak his day to put him to sleep later say 7:30pm so I could get a nearer 7am wakeup.  I know it isn't really early but my dd (2.75) just stopped napping and he is waking her up when he gets up as is very noisy, not crying just making lots of noise so she is missing out on lots of sleep. Once awake she doesn't go back as she will have had nearly 11 hours.  4 weeks ago she was getting 11 at night and 1-1/5 during the day.

do you think if I moved his bedtime later he would start to sleep a little later or are his bowel movements more set and still wake early and loose more sleep than putting him to bed earlier (doesn't nap great!)

Any help or advice greatly received.
DD 21/05/2013
DS 18/05/2015

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: can i tweak 9 month wake up
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 23:02:30 pm »
You could move his whole day on, moving feeds, naps etc all 15 mins day 1, then move them all another 15 mins day 2 etc until you reach the 45-60 mins you want to shift.  But perhaps another option is to put your DD to bed earlier so she gets a good sleep in before he wakes her?  Clocks go forward in about 6 wks or so anyway so if left alone his 6-7am WU will turn into a 7-8am WU without you doing anything (result!).  I'd probably wait it out if it was me as it's much easier to put a 2yo to bed earlier than it is to shift a 9 month old later only to then have to shift him again in just over a month because he is waking too late for you to get to toddler group or whatever activities you do.