Author Topic: Stopping the swaddle  (Read 907 times)

Offline malingirl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 16, 2016, 14:40:50 pm »
My LO is 4 months. We've swaddled her since birth, and she's always loved it and calmed down when swaddles.. Lately she was waking in the night ( she's been sleeping through the night for about a month) and her arm would be out of swaddle ( not sure if this maybe was waking her). She would start to seem uncomfortable in swaddle and maybe ready to stop. Am we've tried no swaddle, and day 1 was awful!! She got better day 2 a bit.. Naps and night time sleep is not back to normal. Shorter naps and waking .. Do you think this will adjust back to what she was doing before and it takes time?? Praying  for more sleep! Day 3 no swaddle..

Offline rc2

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 17:05:33 pm »
I'm in a very similar situation, and we're planning to purchase the Zipadee-Zip as a swaddle transition. We haven't used it yet, but I've heard very good things about it from other moms!

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 06:26:49 am »
At 4mo there is a massive sleep regression Honey so no matter what you do her sleep will be off track for 1-2 weeks probably. Re swaddle weaning I also stopped swaddling at that age and it took us almost 2 weeks to calm down. It wasn't so bad being honest as with 4mo sleep regression usually sleep needs go down a bit and for me it just was a good timing for interrupted naps.

Re things which help - there is also a thing called safeTsleep - which you can use and that enables kiddos have their arms free but still they sleep on their back and feel snuggled what helps with naps/nights.
~Marta

Offline Splatooey

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 01:38:20 am »
I posted in a different thread- try the baby Merlin magic sleep suit!

Offline malingirl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 21:00:25 pm »
The de-swaddling took about 4 days, then she was fine. Now her sleep is just horrible though.. waking in the night, waking at naps crying all the time :( After the swaddle adjustment she was fine, so is this something else? shes abuot 4.5 months. so exhausted.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 07:29:21 am »
Can you post her routine Honey! After 4mo regression some drop in day sleep is required.
~Marta

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 22:59:36 pm »
As you opened a new thread I am locking this one!
~Marta