Author Topic: Help please with night waking  (Read 594 times)

Offline sammy23

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: February 18, 2016, 02:42:32 am »
Hi my lb is waking during the night can anyone help I don't no why he's eating loads during the day and his nappy isn't to wet

His routine is something like this
Wake 8.30 bottle
Solid 9.30/10
Activity time
Sleep 11
Wake 12.20 - I have to wake him to pick his sister up from preschool
Solid activity time
Nap 3/3.30 varies somedays
Wake 5.30
Bottle and dinner activity time
Bed 8.30/9 varies

Hel sleep until around 12 and then he wakes roughly every 2 hours he's very unsettled during the night and rarely has a sleep where he doesn't wake when he wakes hel have his doody and sometimes music put on depending on how awake he is he sleeps in a woombie like a swaddle blanket thing I've tried to get him to sleep without it but he won't I don't think he's ready to sleep not swaddled yet but I'd like advice please 😊

He's 9 months now x

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 06:43:06 am »
If he sleeps 3.5 or more during day it seems a bit too much for an average sleep needs kid. So if your son is not a HSN, his night wakings may be a result of a too much sleep per day. To help him go through the night I would probably go for either waking him earlier during day and lengthening his day or increasing his awake time and cutting naps to 2-2.5h per 12h day.
~Marta

Offline sammy23

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 00:02:53 am »
Thank you I will try this and see. What does hsn mean sorry if this is a silly question 😂 I have a four year old lg who I followed easy with and she was a great sleeper and still is 😊 I've been following easy since newborn with my lb I'm so glad I bought my first baby whisperer book with my lg I can't recommend it enough and this forum thank you for your reply. Do you think his doody falling out could be waking him also  ???

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 06:12:03 am »
Hsn means high sleep needs honey, there are no silly questions here!
Yes, dummy can be a prop at this age...
~Marta

Offline sammy23

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 12:31:51 pm »
Thank you I've been noticing he isn't as tierd he's rolling around the cot at nap time on occasions I'm going to reduce his day sleep and see how it's goes I forgot to look at easy logs but I had a look last night and it does look like he def need more A time I think I might wake him a bit earlier also as I do have to pick my lg up from preschool it can clash with his nap time. How do I go about getting rid of the doody or not making it a prop