Author Topic: 6mo multiple NW  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
6mo multiple NW
« on: February 19, 2016, 10:30:01 am »
Am I crazy to think that my 6mo should be able to sttn? I realize some kids take more time than others, but this little one is not about to give up waking up or nursing at night! Until now, I've been pretty quick to react to her wakings bc of my husband. Now however, I started to let her fuss until she goes back to sleep. It has usually only worked once. -The other attempts to let her self-soothe were thwarted by my husbands cranky grunts and obvious annoyance at the noise. >:(
Anyway, she is nursing twice at least and both times, she sucks just a little and then calms down to go back to sleep instantly. However, usually this initiates a let down so she end up getting a full feeding in. Now that she can roll over, she chooses to sleep on her tummy which means she doesnt like having a paci in her mouth. -only ever occasionally took one anyway.
Anyway, I wondering if I should be more actively sleep training her? Her first w/u is at midnight, which is crazy as she's had a DF around 10:30. I could try to camp out in a different room.

Offline lily_layne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
Re: 6mo multiple NW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 16:56:27 pm »
There are lots of 6 month olds that don't STTN :) Neither of mine were at that age. That midnight waking is actually developmental. Lots of LOs do it at this age. You've got a few options.
A - Try sh/pat or another method of settling her at the midnight NW
B - Drop the dreamfeed and see what happens. Sometimes that switches things up enough to smooth things out or at least you can get to bed earlier (if you want to). Neither of my LOs did a DF so I just usually fed at the midnight waking
C - Keep on as you are. I fed both of my LOs for almost all NWs. DD was easily weaned from NFs at 8 months and DS dropped most NFs by 1 year (STTN 6/7 nights and I still nurse him when he wakes since it's easier ;)).

I always found DH's moaning and complaining more annoying and harder to be patient with than my LOs NWs!
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline Amycf

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 6mo multiple NW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 19:11:57 pm »
I wish I could give you good advice, but I'm right there along side you girl- right down to the cranky husband ,haha! I have due he'd the dream feed and feed her when she wakes ....sometimes as early as 10:30, sometimes as late as midnight. Most nights I now go to bed around 9/9:30 to try and get some sleep...annoying but makes it easier to cope!