Author Topic: EW 21 Month Old  (Read 734 times)

Offline Katebydesign

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 19, 2016, 14:06:06 pm »
I feel like I have a post about my EW child every 6 months or so, haha.  I'm just hoping that there might be some way to change her internal clock.  Can you all evaluate her schedule and see what changes need to be made to avoid these EW?  We are so exhausted and honestly considering not having baby #2 because these two years have been so difficult on us when it comes to sleep.

4:45-5:30: Wake
11:30-1:00: Nap  (She wakes on her own)
7:00: Bed

As discussed in my previous posts, we've tried everything.  Later bed time, earlier bed time, pushing nap later (which usually results in overtired and no nap), and leaving her in her crib until 6.

I wish I knew if she was either getting too much sleep or not enough.  She wakes every morning happy and playful, so I think that she is actually ready to get up for the day.  But we aren't :(  Any advice is appreciated!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: EW 21 Month Old
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 20:12:27 pm »
How is she during the day? Happy and ready to go or does she seem tired? Could she just have lower sleep needs? Tbh my DD3 stopped napping at 22 months because I preferred the longer nights to the nap. We were down to a 30-45 min nap max and nights of 10.5/11 hours.
Heidi