Author Topic: How do you work EASY with classes/going out?  (Read 1461 times)

Offline SereneDream

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How do you work EASY with classes/going out?
« on: February 24, 2016, 16:16:19 pm »
So I'm currently trying to move my LG to the 4-6 month "schedule" of EASY and her naps should roughly be at 9-11 and 1-3 (ish) but these times tend to fall when most baby classes are.

How do you manage this?

Do I wake my LG later? Try get her to nap less and make up for it later on/earlier?!
I'm worried all the above will mess our (lose) routine?!

What do you guys do?

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: How do you work EASY with classes/going out?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 19:10:26 pm »
We used to do a library class and we just kind of managed the day as best we could and fully expected some short naps and some OT, and do EBT if necessary.  We only did it 1 day a week so it didn't really affect the other days too much. I think if most days are consistent then your routine shouldn't be affected too much. 

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 20:01:18 pm »
If you hope to go to lots of classes you could switch the routine around to give the CN in the morning (then go to group followed by 2 long naps) or put the CN in the middle (stay at home every morning and go out to afternoon classes do the second long nap after the class).
We ended up with the CN in the middle because i had 2 days I had to be somewhere and it couldn't move. So rather than 2 days messed up and spending all week trying to get back on track instead I tried to make every day fit as closely as I could to those 2 days.  We always stayed home for a very predictable 2hr nap in the morning, did a 40 min nap then class/appointment then long nap after it.  At 1yo I switched which classes I chose to go to and we did all the morning classes instead as by then he was on 1 nap around lunch time so we spent the afternoon at home.

Offline SereneDream

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 07:57:08 am »
Ahh brilliant. Thanks guys :) think I'll switch to your option creations.

Thank you :)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 10:58:01 am »
Remember A times may well need to change if you are moving the CN to a different time of day, some people need less A before the CN (so LO is not too tired) and less after (because they didn't have a long nap) which the last A of the day might be a bit longer due to it coming after a long nap rather than a CN.  You can probably work out how it will all fit - enjoy your classes!