Author Topic: Naps out of the window...  (Read 882 times)

Offline shinysarah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Naps out of the window...
« on: February 21, 2016, 10:02:06 am »
I'm just looking for a bit of support/advice!!! Majority of my 6 week old naps have been in her basket and she goes down (or has been!) for regular decent naps which I know I'm pretty fortunate however, that's all changed due to half term!! 

We've had a pretty full on week with it being half term and no naps have been in the basket and, yes you've got it, she won't go down for any other than her morning one, in her basket...I know I've been fortunate so far but i feel all too overwhelmed this morning by it all.

Does anybody have any advice as to how on earth I'm going to get back on track?!?!  :'(

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: Naps out of the window...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 10:06:18 am »
Hun, it's ok, you are doing ok!

Your baby is still very very young, this midterm will not break her sleep habits, I promise.
Do you think you can just roll with it for the midterm time and then she will be a bit older and we can look again at how to put her on a good routine?

Did I get it right that she is still sleeping well in the morning in her baskets but doesn't manage to go down for the other naps? What do you do then? Have you tried putting her in a sling? Will she sleep in the pram? Maybe you can aim then to be outside for her naps? Don't know if it's raining a lot right now in the UK...
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/

Offline shinysarah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 11:34:01 am »
Hellooo!!!
yes, she'll have 1hr-1.15 in the morning but that's all...I try to keep everything the same...I'm scared of APing with her and never being able to undo it...I also love routine which is not helping...LOL it's always raining in the UK but that won't stop me!!!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:03:03 pm by shinysarah »

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 11:06:00 am »
I love routine as well so I can understand you. My experience was that every time I AP I was able to go back on track within a few days.
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/

Offline shinysarah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 09:00:06 am »
That's reassuring!!!